5.0 out of 5 stars Very very funny. Children and Adults will love it
I read this book to a group of Year2 children (age 6-7), and they loved it. It is very very funny and the children and myself laughed right through it. Definately worth reading.
Published on 29 Sep 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
Very disappointed with the quality of the book. Was described as 'good' by the seller but the spine is broken and all the pages are held in by sellotape. Not good at all!!
Published 27 days ago by Quita Pope

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable!, 2 Nov 2009
This review is from: The True Story of the Three Little Pigs (Picture Puffin) (Paperback)
I first borrowed this book from the university school library to do a series of lesson plans for grades 5 & 6 (English as a second language). It was a huge success. My own kids loved it as well so I just had to buy it. Very cleverly written and funny too. Highly recommendable!

4.0 out of 5 stars the true story of the three little pigs, 7 Jan 2004
L. Mant (uk) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my niece on the strentgh of online reviews and have had such good feedback fron my sisters family that i am now ordering it for my children.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Book to Read!!!!, 8 Dec 1998
By A Customer
I first heard this book in a school meeting and I loved it. Then I decided to read it aloud to other students at my school. I took the book home and read it to my sister. She loved it. I really liked the book because the wolf tells his own side of the story the way he experienced it. After I read this story, the "big, bad I'll blow your house down" wolf doesn't seem so big and bad after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth comes out at last!, 31 Oct 1998
By A Customer
This is a wonderful re-telling of a very old tale. The illustrations are fabulous and the twists in plot are welcome. Really something that I'd recommend for slightly older children (must be 4 or 5 to appreciate). I buy this for each child that I know at about that age. So far I've had great reports from both children and parents alike. Keep 'em coming Jon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Feb 2010
The book arrived in excellent condition. I used it in my literacy lesson at a primary school and the children absolutley loved it. It is a very clever version of the three little pigs as told by the wolf. I would highly recommend this story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wolf reasserts innocence, calls for new trial, 7 Aug 2006
Daniel Jolley "darkgenius" (Shelby, North Carolina USA) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Finally, after all this time, Alexander T. Wolf (alias "the Big Bad Wolf") emerges to tell his side of the 3 Little Pigs tragedy. Blaming a publicity-frenzied press for exaggerating the truth of the story, he asserts his innocence, rationalizes the nature of the circumstances, and indulges here and there in the art of blaming the victim. While admitting that he did destroy the houses of the first two pigs and eat the unfortunate home-owners, he explains that "the real story is about a sneeze and a cup of sugar."

On the day in question, Mr. Wolf, despite suffering from a bad cold, was making a cake for his dear old granny when he ran out of sugar. Naturally, he went around to his closest neighbors (who happened to be pigs) asking to borrow enough to finish his cake, but the pigs were all quite rude and refused to help him. That would have been all there was to the story had it not been for the wolf's insufferable head cold, which caused him to sneeze on the occasions of his first two visits. It wasn't his fault that the first two little pigs had unwisely built their houses of straw and sticks, respectively. One sneeze was all it took to knock each house down onto it's piggy occupant - and, seeing the pigs tragically killed, Mr. Wolf saw no reason to let a couple of perfectly good ham dinners lie there going to ruin. Wolves eat pigs - it's just their nature. As to why he was seen attacking the front door of the third little pig's brick house, A. Wolf has a perfectly reasonable explanation for that, as well.

Perhaps I should point out the fact that A. Wolf did not technically write this book himself -for obvious reasons (they don't allow typewriters in prison, and it's devilishly hard to hold and control a pen when all you have to work with are paws). This is his story as told to Jon Scieszka and illustrated quite lavishly by Lane Smith. It makes for a delightful, colorful, witty romp that almost all children (and most of their parents) will relish.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "laugh-out-loud" book!, 1 Mar 1999
By A Customer
A delightfully different spin on an old classic. Not just for kids. The illustrations are wonderful. Everyone who likes a good story and a good laugh should have this book! A great gift book as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Hysterical!, 9 July 1997
By A Customer
I am currently going to school to become a preschool teacher and this summer ('97) I took a course in Creative Activities for Young Children. On the last night of class, our professor read us a final "night-night" story. It was this book. Every person in that room was "into" the story and laughing hysterically. This is one book I am adding to my collection. I agree with alvjwang@smartt.com: It may have been written as a children's book, but any age WILL enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth speaks for itself!, 25 May 1996
By A Customer
It may have been written as a children's book, but I'm sure
that people of any age will enjoy it. There's nothing like
finding out the other side of the story and having a good
laugh when you see how silly the misconceptions we have
of the wolf are! It is definately one to keep on the shelves
for a lifetime of laughs. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Voted read of the week!, 14 April 2014
Staff children alike love this book in year 1. Great read! Year 1 recommends and asks "who do you think the villain is now?"

The True Story of the Three Little Pigs (Picture Puffin)
The True Story of the Three Little Pigs (Picture Puffin) by Jon Scieszka (Paperback - 31 Oct 1991)
5.59