5.0 out of 5 stars A truly great version of the three little pigs: the wolf's side of the story!
There are two sides to every story and this fun book tells the three little pigs story from the much maligned Wolf's side. Told in the first person, Mr Wolf explains how the well known version is a misconception and the real story began when he started to make a cake for his dear old granny, needed to borrow a cup of sugar from a neighbour, and sneezed the house down...
Published on 17 May 2008 by ELH Browning

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting
The book was too old for the age group I was hoping to use it with. Arrived on time and in good condition though.
Published 19 months ago by Chirpy Bluebird

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the book, 13 July 1999
By A Customer
I thought this book was the best when I first read it. Im 15 years old and its still one of my favrorite Childrens books. I went shopping with my mom last week in this little store and as soon as I had seen the book on the shelf I got so excited and whipped it out and hit myself in the head with it and no Im not mentally Challenged. I just love the book even at 15!!!
P.S My mom got me the book and fixed the bump on my head.

4.0 out of 5 stars Imaginitive, amusing, funny & entertaining., 3 Jun 1999
By A Customer
True story of the 3 little pigs as told by A.Wolf, is a colorful and imaginitive retelling of a classic! Even though the book is for children, I think I enjoyed it more than my kids! Of course, I remember the original and the original, apparently, left out quite a bit. It's a great gift for grown ups too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Feb 2010
This review is from: The True Story of the Three Little Pigs (Picture Puffin) (Paperback)
The book arrived in excellent condition. I used it in my literacy lesson at a primary school and the children absolutley loved it. It is a very clever version of the three little pigs as told by the wolf. I would highly recommend this story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "laugh-out-loud" book!, 1 Mar 1999
By A Customer
A delightfully different spin on an old classic. Not just for kids. The illustrations are wonderful. Everyone who likes a good story and a good laugh should have this book! A great gift book as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Book to Read!!!!, 8 Dec 1998
By A Customer
I first heard this book in a school meeting and I loved it. Then I decided to read it aloud to other students at my school. I took the book home and read it to my sister. She loved it. I really liked the book because the wolf tells his own side of the story the way he experienced it. After I read this story, the "big, bad I'll blow your house down" wolf doesn't seem so big and bad after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth comes out at last!, 31 Oct 1998
By A Customer
This is a wonderful re-telling of a very old tale. The illustrations are fabulous and the twists in plot are welcome. Really something that I'd recommend for slightly older children (must be 4 or 5 to appreciate). I buy this for each child that I know at about that age. So far I've had great reports from both children and parents alike. Keep 'em coming Jon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wolf reasserts innocence, calls for new trial, 7 Aug 2006
Daniel Jolley "darkgenius" (Shelby, North Carolina USA) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Finally, after all this time, Alexander T. Wolf (alias "the Big Bad Wolf") emerges to tell his side of the 3 Little Pigs tragedy. Blaming a publicity-frenzied press for exaggerating the truth of the story, he asserts his innocence, rationalizes the nature of the circumstances, and indulges here and there in the art of blaming the victim. While admitting that he did destroy the houses of the first two pigs and eat the unfortunate home-owners, he explains that "the real story is about a sneeze and a cup of sugar."

On the day in question, Mr. Wolf, despite suffering from a bad cold, was making a cake for his dear old granny when he ran out of sugar. Naturally, he went around to his closest neighbors (who happened to be pigs) asking to borrow enough to finish his cake, but the pigs were all quite rude and refused to help him. That would have been all there was to the story had it not been for the wolf's insufferable head cold, which caused him to sneeze on the occasions of his first two visits. It wasn't his fault that the first two little pigs had unwisely built their houses of straw and sticks, respectively. One sneeze was all it took to knock each house down onto it's piggy occupant - and, seeing the pigs tragically killed, Mr. Wolf saw no reason to let a couple of perfectly good ham dinners lie there going to ruin. Wolves eat pigs - it's just their nature. As to why he was seen attacking the front door of the third little pig's brick house, A. Wolf has a perfectly reasonable explanation for that, as well.

Perhaps I should point out the fact that A. Wolf did not technically write this book himself -for obvious reasons (they don't allow typewriters in prison, and it's devilishly hard to hold and control a pen when all you have to work with are paws). This is his story as told to Jon Scieszka and illustrated quite lavishly by Lane Smith. It makes for a delightful, colorful, witty romp that almost all children (and most of their parents) will relish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Voted read of the week!, 14 April 2014
Staff children alike love this book in year 1. Great read! Year 1 recommends and asks "who do you think the villain is now?"

5.0 out of 5 stars Super story, 7 April 2014
My class thoroughly enjoyed this fractured fairy tale. It helped greatly towards some super writing. The children enjoyed the twist from the original story

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 14 Mar 2014
A great book which was bought as a gift and was very well received by the intended audience. To say "over the moon" is an understatement.

The True Story of the Three Little Pigs (Picture Puffin)
The True Story of the Three Little Pigs (Picture Puffin) by Jon Scieszka (Paperback - 31 Oct 1991)
5.59