Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 December 2003
Another classic in the Meg and Mog series. My three year old daughter simply loves these books, and this one doesn't disappoint. The pictures are simple but colourful, the text simple and amusing, and the story keeps her attention wonderfully. I would always thoroughly recommend any of the books in this series.
on 5 May 2014
Meg and Mog are great - my kids love it. On it's second reader now (4 year old) and I think that the illustrations and easy text and silly rhymes and fun in the book capture their attention. I thought this one was good to support learning about growing things and to reinforce how good veggies are! Not been disappointed Has stood the test of time - I loved Meg & Mog 35 years ago and the kids still love it now
on 25 May 2013
One of my daughter's very favourite books. Great, bright illustrations, a simple fun story, and is good to chat through growing your own vegetables. I am now growing a pumpkin at my daughter's insistence, just like Mog!
on 30 March 2011
My son loves it every time Meg makes something explode, every time someone gets the cauldron on their head and generally when things go bang and clang. All the Meg and Mog stories are brilliantly original, but the bangs and clangs make them very recognizable and link them all together.
I wrote translations for the spells in pencil between the lines, so that I don't have to make them up every time I read the book to my son, which is about 12 times per day.
on 19 July 2009
My three year old son loves all his Meg and Mog books as does his six year old sister. This one is less interesting than some of the others (essentially they grow vegetables) but it is informative and may encourage an interest in gardening and even eating vegetables. It is definitely worthy of a place in our collection.
on 11 January 2016
Fabulous story and graphics even for a child used to stories with more complex content such as Julia Donaldson writes. My daughter also loves this one just as much as those others.
on 17 May 2013
My daughter is a big fan of the Meg and Mog books and this is a great book in the series - especially as they eat all the vegetables at the end!
on 23 July 2014
Very good. Bright colours and simple story to follow for little ones. Our 1yr old loves pointing out Mog and other things on the pages.
on 15 June 2013
my 13 month old loves meg and mog...they are some of his favourite books and this is another great one for the collection.
on 26 September 2014
Both my children (age 2 and 4) love Meg and Mog and this is another excellent addition to the canon.