4.0 out of 5 stars The Snowman has no text!
I am amazed that people buy this book and are disappointed that it has no story! The whole point of the story is that it has no words. The pictures tell the story. It isn't poor value for money as some claim, the value is in the artwork which is beautiful. Generations of children & adults have loved this story and I for one think its a lovely book for small children,...
Published 21 months ago by AML

3.0 out of 5 stars Snowman Sound Book
I bought this book for my 20 month grandson. He had fun with the story and listening to the 'Jingle Bells'. I was a wee bit disappointed that there were no words for me to read for him but that was my fault for not checking the details before purchase.
Published on 3 Feb 2012 by Cassandra

5.0 out of 5 stars Review by Jay Class, St Philips Primary School, 7 Jan 2011
J. Munro "Jae Munro" (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snowman (Board book)
We liked it when the little boy made the snowman. It was magical and fantastic when the snowman came alive. It was amazing when they were flying in the snowy sky. We didn't like it when the snowman melted.We think that the pictures have nice colours in them. We love reading this book in class. We love reading this book and we think that you should read it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snowman book, 20 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Snowman (Picture Puffin) (Paperback)
Looking forward to telling the story to my grandchildren. Our original copy fell apart long ago when my own children were young and loved to have the story told to them and then as they grew up used their own words. So pleased it's still in print even though the cover is not as sturdy and glossy as the original.

5.0 out of 5 stars the most classic story to put you in a christmas mood, 6 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Snowman (Picture Puffin) (Paperback)
superb illustrations and a clasic story are the building bocks of thi superb book. i recomend it to anyone with kids or a limking for cult classics.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Classic, 23 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Snowman (Board book)
Any child (or parent) of the 1980s will be familiar with the fantastic animation of Raymond Briggs' Snowman film, with its haunting soundtrack. The book is no less striking, as the beautiful story enthralls children and adults alike. The wonderfully stylised illustrations are faithful to the film, yet no less evocative to those who haven't seen it. Why not introduce this masterpiece to a new generation of readers?

4.0 out of 5 stars Picture this..., 28 July 2014
This review is from: The Snowman (Board book)
Nice little board book but I didn't realise there is no text - only pictures. However the high quality illustrations make it a favourite for me and ideal for 3 months and up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood Memories, 25 Oct 2010
If Your Looking For Stocking Fillers For Your Kids This Christmas and you dont already have this it is a must have... i have still got mine from when i was a child and i still love it to this day i still have my VHS aswell which is a bit batter so went out and got a dvd and the soundtrack cd all are a must have this is my all time favorite christmas film/book. as its getting darker and colder and closer to christmas i just think "oh i cant wait till christmas i'm really in the mood to watch the snowman" never mind the kids its a must have for all adults to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book but not the same as the film, 13 Feb 2009
E. Judge (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snowman (Board book)
A fantastic classic, we bought this as our 2 year old is hooked on the film. I was a little disappointed to realise that a chunk of the film (where the boy goes to the snowman party and meets father christmas) is not in the book!

This doesn't detract from the lovely simplicity of the book, but my 2 year old doesn't quite get why they are different!

3.0 out of 5 stars Snowman Sound Book, 3 Feb 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Same disappointing sound button on every page!, 28 Dec 2011
Saw this written in the description: 'sleigh bell jingle on every page!' - you mean one button with one sound. Beautiful book though

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite right, 16 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Snowman (Board book)
Love the film! We have bought the DVD and this book for our grandson. Bit disappointed in this Board Book as it has too many small pictures far too close together for a young "board book user". Feel they should have picked out some of the highlights of the film, not every picture, the same as in the soft cover book which we already have. Had I been able to see inside the book I would have noticed that and not purchased it. Oh well.

The Snowman (Picture Puffin)
The Snowman (Picture Puffin) by Raymond Briggs (Paperback - 29 Oct 2009)
Used & New from: 0.01