1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars A book of my childhood!, 2 May 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Don't Forget the Bacon (Picture Puffin) (Paperback)
I remember this book being read to me by my mother when I was around the age of five. I'm now 22, studying English at university and I still remember the fun that I had with that book! It isn't your typical childrens book, instead it is a wonderful story written in rhyme about a boy who is sent upon a shopping trip by his mother. He is given a list of things to remember, the most important thing being not to forget the bacon. The story unfolds like a game of chinese whispers with the boy confusing himself about the contents of his shopping list, however, each page ends with the title line "DON'T FORGET THE BACON!" which I remember my mother and I taking great joy at shouting at the tops of our voices!!!
This is one of the books that remends me of my childhood and I thank Pat Hutchins for writing a book that made the memories of my growing up be ones of laughing and shouting "DON'T FORGET THE BACON!"
For Mother's Day this year I bought my mum a copy of the book as our original copy had been misplaced over the years. She said, with tears in her eyes, that it was the best present that I had ever bought for her!
A wonderful read!

Don't Forget the Bacon (Picture Puffin)
Don't Forget the Bacon (Picture Puffin) by Pat Hutchins (Paperback - 26 Oct 1978)
Used & New from: 0.01