Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 June 2013
A fab story from my childhood. However, the format is not great. It's almost like the book has been scanned in and there are two pages to fit on the kindle 7" screen which makes the text very small to read. You can tap on it to make the text bigger but then you have to click off the text to move onto their next page and enlarge it. Shame.
on 16 March 2013
P.C. George Dixon writes:-

Good entertaining and colourful stuff which plays on a number of stereotypes about criminals and coppers. I'm not sure I'd leave our daughter in 'a nice big brown box with little holes in it' on the doorstep or anywhere for that matter - I reckon today's burglars are less trustworthy than in the good old days ;-)

Evenin' all :-)
on 17 April 2015
This is a charming book, with lovely illustrations and a good story and just a hint of cheekiness - maybe some might find it a bit patronising now, but Alan Ahlberg is pretty authentic, so that would be a misinterpretation. Anyway my children loved it and now my smallest granddaughter (age 5) loves it in her turn.

Incidentally I also have the Kindle version, but the illustrations are a bit small and unemphatic, even on a colour device - so get the book!
on 18 October 2015
A book that stands the test of time...enjoyed over thirty years ago by my daughter and now Burglar Bill is shared with her son and given by me to every young person as a 'must have' gift...it is fun to read. aloud (.especially if the reader adds the odd accent) a moral in the tale enjoyed by adult and child alike.
on 8 June 2015
I love this book, but would have given it no stars if possible, it was described as being in good condition and when it arrived it was crumpled, damp and stank of mould (there were actually grey/yellow mould patches on the inside cover and some of the pages). Disgusting that someone thinks its ok to sell something in this condition!
on 18 September 2015
Again I have bought another Allan Ahlberg which a long with a few other books arrived well within time absolutely well packed. Thanks for such excellent first class service. This will delight a four year old on Christmas morning and has helped me have a stress free gift purchase.
on 5 July 2015
i was so disappointed when i bought this book recently to see they have changed it from the original layout of a copy i bought my children in the 1980s....what have they done to the images!!! it is blurred and has lost its sharpness...i wanted to get the same book for my grandchild....
is there anywhere i could buy the original from.
on 4 December 2014
Loved this as a child, still love it now and get great joy reading it to my 3 year old, who is probably a bit young to appreciate it fully just yet, but she will! The Allbergs really have blessed us with some classic children's books.
on 29 September 2015
An absolute classic from my childhood! I had to buy this for my kids too. They love it too and the especially the baby's attempts to say Burglar Bill.

Warm and engaging and the fact its still in print today is testament to its brilliance.
on 27 February 2016
I remember this story from when I was a kid. I read it to my daughter and her friend. Ages nearly 4 and 5 and they love it. Love the drawings and the story itself. I'm a huge fan of burglar bill! The book arrived on time and in perfect condition