Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 July 2013
Fariduddin Attar was someone who truly understood the path to God and it shows in this book. For those on the path this book is perfect and will help clear things up for you. It has such a deep meaning and the beauty of it touches your heart. This is one of those books whereby no matter how many times you read it, you will still enjoy it.
on 11 August 2006
I have just finished reading this book for a third time! and the more i read it,the more i enjoy it.

this masterpiece has revolutioned my life. not only recommended for true seekers of God,but also for anyone who would want to make the most of his or her life on this planet.
on 27 April 2013
This was not what I expected - I was recommended this book as I study practical philosophy - it was very cleverly written and the poetry was so beautiful in parts and each one conveys a message.

Recommended if you like anything written by Rami, Persian poet.
on 16 September 2013
Generally translations of poetry from one language to another end up losing the beauty of the original language. the authors have done an excellent job of making sure that some of the original beauty is preserved.
on 27 July 2013
A must read for every individual trying to further themselves spiritually. The way the author has used birds as an example for human traits was a genius idea.
on 5 May 2013
This book is lovely its certainly a book to digest and savour slowly and reflect on its meaning. Great for anyone searching deeper meanings on life.
on 5 June 2013
A Classic of Sufis in an handy edition with all the explanations and introductions one needs to get inside the Simorgh Tale. Top!
on 26 April 2015
This is an excellent translation of this poem. We used it as the text for a study group where we read the whole poem, and before we began we did some research into all the English versions currently available. We found this to be far and away the best, and it has the additional advantage of rendering the Persian into rhyming couplets like the original. There is some sacrifice of meaning in order to achieve this, but the result justifies it, as it is very easy to read, especially out loud, and many passages are beautiful, giving a real taste of Attar's poetic genius. The previous edition, published in 1984, omits some of the preface, but this edition includes all of it and so it is complete.
on 5 March 2006
This book is a guide to life and people, our mistakes, our vanities, our hypocricy, our struggles, our virtues and all else that makes up a human character, that can be read again and again. It's an absolute classic and highly recommended to anyone interested in Sufism - in fact on that level it's essential reading. But recommended to all.
on 22 January 2010
I have read the book many times over and still feel fresh when I read it. It is very inspiring, very nice to hear. It is very well rhymed without loosing its profound meaning. It gives me relief in times of feeling heavy in this world and makes me aspire to the spiritual life.