5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous., 26 Sep 2011
This is a beautiful hardback and stunning collection. Bought as a wedding gift. Tiny bit too expensive but otherwise perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for Lovers, 4 May 2013
Perfect birthday present for young lovers: an anthology which is beautifully presented, a treasure to keep for life, full of old and novel explorations

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this anthology of love poems, 27 July 2014
Brida "izumi" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Penguin's Poems for Love (Paperback)
Love. A subject which has inspired thousands of artists for centuries. It is something which affects us all - with some faring better than others - and this anthology is a celebration of love in all its forms. From the first stirrings of love to love after death, this anthology is comprehensive in its scope. Dipping into this book, you will discover poems from writers that you already know - Shakespeare, Duffy and Auden, as well as others that you may not have come across before.
I love this anthology - regardless of what mood you are in, you are bound to find something to suit it within these pages. There are poems to make you laugh, cry and rejoice at the immense depth of love and all that brings to us.

5.0 out of 5 stars when life gets tough !!, 30 Nov 2009
Eimear O. Riordan (dublin ireland) - See all my reviews
loved it from start to finish , and the beauty of a poetry book is that you dont have to do it like that. You can open the book at any page and come across real gems of wisdom.

my personal favourites are when the fella walks out on her and the biggest loss is that he s taken the cork screw ! finding yourself when you look in the mirror to be in fact your best friend ! really there are so many fab poems to appeal to all types . i simply adore it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Penguin's Poems for Love (Paperback)
Bought this for my friends who got engaged recently and they love it.... it really is a wonderful book of wonderful poems all about that subject which is dear to our hearts... LOVE :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book about love, 15 April 2013
Ms. A. M. Simmonds (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Penguin's Poems for Love (Paperback)
If you enjoy love poems about various types of people in your life, people from afar or ones you have known for a while then you'll like this book. I did purchase it thinking it would be something a little different but it is still a nice read

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Valentine's Day present!, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Penguin's Poems for Love (Paperback)
A wide range of poems - some about the good aspects of love, some about the downside - but a good present for my boyfriend who's into poetry.

4.0 out of 5 stars splendid gift for a wedding, 24 Dec 2012
I bought this book for a wedding gift and it perfectly suited the purpose. I was a little annoyed that it was slightly dented, though. Otherwise it is a gorgeous-to-look-at collection of poems, which comprises also a couple of less known poems.

5.0 out of 5 stars learning to love, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Penguin's Poems for Love (Paperback)
Ok I know I am a fella and we don't do love well.......... so where do you think I get my chat up line ideas from?? Hell would freeze over before I could come up with something suitable. This anthology of Love poetry covers all aspects of Love and on the spine reminds us just in case with Love, lust, life, loss and love.

There are so many poems that I can identify with that it would be embarassing, but what the heck, I am sure there are many men that could recognise the sentiments of Philip Larkin's "Talking in Bed" or even Ted Hughes' "Lovesong" There are so many different poems that can describe love and there is bound to be a few poems for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 2 July 2011
This book is lovely, I bought it as a present for someone and it makes a great gift. It is presented very nicely, a good size and attractive. A great gift.

Penguin's Poems for Love
Penguin's Poems for Love by Laura (ed) Barber (Paperback - 30 Sep 2010)
7.69