5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
This is just as I remembered it: Wonderful innovative writing. This book of poems is fun to read, particularly those by Roger McGough. The language flows beautifully. The words are used in unexpected ways and give vivid mind pictures. You can dip in, or sit and read. I come back to the book time and time again.
Published on 12 Feb 2011 by Jac

3.0 out of 5 stars review
book very old and mucky looking. i knew it was second hand but was hoping for better quality.i have bought many 2nd hand books before but would not have bought this if i had seen it first.
Published 3 months ago by MS SHIRLEY MARTIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Penguin Modern Poets: Mersey Sound: Henri, McGough, Patten Bk. 10 (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book of poetry, 17 May 2013
Crazybint (East Anglia, UK) - See all my reviews
I was introduced to the Mersey poets during my O' Level English Literature course. Until I had the opportunity to visit Merseyside although I loved the poems I didn't realise that I had been totally misled by the interpretation of my English Teacher. There is a gentle beauty about these poems offering an insight into life on Merseyside at the time. Before the Cavern was demolished and rebuilt elsewhere and outsiders believed that Toxteth was a city.

Roger McGough is now a wonderful presenter of Poetry Please on BBC Radio 4. Adrian Henri, perhaps the most sensitive of the 3 poets is sadly no longer with us, and Brian Pattern, just as brilliant, but perhaps the least well know of the three.

I have lost count of the number of times I have bought this book and loaned it to friends for each copy never to be returned. This copy is never to be loaned out!

5.0 out of 5 stars A merseyside classic, 27 Oct 2012
a good copy of a classic poetry book of the 1960,s .It has a much better size and cover than the modern version.

5.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite., 7 April 2014
I have happy memories of this book from my schooldays in the 1970s when it all seemed fresh and new. Now, the poetry still stands up but there is a coating of nostalgia that adds to the pathos of some of the work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure nostalgia, 17 April 2013
Andrew Chisholm (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
I had a copy of this when I was little! To read it again now that I am big was wonderful; what memories. I wonder what I will be when I grow up!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mersey sound, 21 April 2012
George Redgrave (Sussex England) - See all my reviews
I bought a copy in 1969 - it was a revelation. I bought this one for a friend - a great gift :)

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, 13 Mar 2012
This was as it was described in the description - an old copy but perfect for what I wanted it for, in university. Very pleased with the product.

3.0 out of 5 stars review, 12 April 2014

The Penguin Modern Poets: Mersey Sound: Henri, McGough, Patten Bk. 10
The Penguin Modern Poets: Mersey Sound: Henri, McGough, Patten Bk. 10 by Roger Mcgough and Brian Patten Adrian Henri (Paperback - 1 Jan 1968)
Used & New from: 0.01