5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational CD
Wonderful selection of stories perfect for a five year old. Stories aren't too twee, which is what I have found of stories for this age group in the past. Just scary enough in places to add a bit of interest, but not scary enough to keep your child awake all night. My child listened to this CD every night for a long time.
Published on 5 Feb 2009 by S. Wood

2.0 out of 5 stars Good stories but disappointing paper and very few illustrations
I was very disappointed with the quality of the paper and the lack of good colourful pictures which a 5 year old would enjoy. Children at this age enjoy looking at the pictures along with the story and also like the feel of the smooth white polished paper. This book's pages are almost yellow, and feels coarse, and there are hardly any pictures, and if at all, these are...
Published on 24 Sep 2007 by K. Mukherjee

4.0 out of 5 stars Good standby for youngsters, 19 Mar 2013
Ms. R. L. Birch "Lyn" (London) - See all my reviews
Collecting quite a library of these now, think they are a good investment for times when something calm is required

3.0 out of 5 stars No book with this product, 16 Mar 2013
John Blackett "Jay" (France) - See all my reviews
I expected this to be a book and CD. There is a CD but no book. If you look at the item as advertised you are able to read the story and one customer comments on the poor quality of the paper - so why is there no book with my CD?

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 22 Feb 2013
V. Cassidy "veeshka" (derby) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Puffin Book of Stories for Five-year-olds (Young Puffin Read Aloud) (Paperback)
a good book with original stories that i enjoyed reading to my daughter., as we as parents get a bit fed up reading the same old thing over and over again .,

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bedtime or the car, 1 Dec 2012
This CD has 6 stories read by Rula Lenska. There is a nice mix of stories, all very suitable for 4-6 year olds, although I have no doubt that older children would enjoy them too. They are perfect for pre-bedtime listening or for entertaining children on car journeys.

5.0 out of 5 stars went down a treat, 17 April 2012
Mr. J. O. Myers (uk) - See all my reviews
Bought for 5 year old grandaughter recovering from a broken collar bone and less mobile than usual. Apparently it has been just what the doctor ordered and has kept her well amused.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed., 10 Mar 2012
Both myself and 4 & 6 yr old daughters find 1 or 2 of the stories on each CD quite irritating, especially the 'new trainers' story, and the swimming lesson. By their request I have to skip these one's!. We usually play a story CD at bedtime, and for this purpose I wouldn't recommend it. Some of the stories are in no way relaxing. However, we all enjoy the international stories. I won't buy another from this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by my children, 28 Feb 2012
My son has loved this cd since he got it when he was five, now eight he still dips back into it. My older daughter also enjoyed listening to the stories as they are told in a variety of accents. I liked the multi racial settings and backgrounds to the stories. All gentle and amusing stories. We have bought the stories for 6 year olds and were disappointed as it was not as listenable as this Cd for repeats.

3.0 out of 5 stars Silence in the car - at last!, 13 Dec 2011
This little collection of stories has been great for keeping the peace in the car between my 3½ and 5½ year olds! My only complaint is that it's too short! It proved such a hit that I've now bought the Famous Five CD collection, where each story is an hour long, and they LOVE it! So, this CD was a good introduction to listening to a story on a car journey, but I did quickly move on to something more captivating. Roll on the Harry Potter collection!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book!, 8 Oct 2014
Bought this for my 5 year old daughter. Some lovely short stories. Not the usual princess boring stuff that you get from books aimed at girls!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 3 Sep 2014
Barbara C (Newcastle Upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
OK - not brilliant but once listened to my 5 year old got bored the second time round.

The Puffin Book of Stories for Five-year-olds (Young Puffin Read Aloud)