5.0 out of 5 stars Classic children's story --mystical and magical tale
This is a children's book, but it isn't just an adventure story.
It has science-fiction; The Drs. Murray, parents of Meg, Charles Wallace and the twins) are scientists who are researching Time and Space. Dr. Murray takes a time trip and so do the kids.
There is also magic; a trio of "witches" shows up--Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who and Mrs. Which, and they take Meg,...
Published on 18 Mar. 2004 by Joanna Daneman

3.0 out of 5 stars Time and Space
Originally published in 1962, there is a timeless quality that makes this not-quite definable novel a YA/Children's classic. There are strong elements of fantasy and sci-fi, and the title is a reference to the author's concept of "tesseract" - not the hypercube in the geometric sense, but a way of travel that bends the space-time continuum.

Meg Murry is 14, and...
Published 10 months ago by J. Ang

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Dec. 2014
It was a good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Time to Tesser., 13 April 2013
A Wrinkle in Time is the first of a great series of stories by Madeleine L'Engle. Meg, her friend Calvin and her precocious but odd baby brother Charles Wallace are suddenly tessered away to a distant world where they have to struggle against the Totalitarian "IT" to save Meg and Charles Wallace's father who has been missing for a long time. How they achieve this is a story that remains in the mind and heart long after the book itself has been consigned to the bottom of a dusty bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 6 Sept. 2011
Mr. Steven Watson "Steven5watson" (Workington, England) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this book, i was looking for a mini series to get into on my new kindle and thought this was perfect. My only complaint is that the other 3 books are not available in kindle format. How very short sighted this is of Amazon. As far as im concerned every book in hard copy should be available in e-book format. And also cheaper, but i'm just a customer, surely i can''t be right?

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books, 15 May 2013
This book started of interestingly which so many books don't. And it has finished on a chlifhanger which makes it even more interesting. I absolutely loved the book and would regiment it to everyone that likes sci-fi and/or adventure.

3.0 out of 5 stars huh?, 27 Feb. 2010
This review is from: A Wrinkle in Time (Puffin Modern Classics) (Paperback)
This is a very small book, I read it I think in a day, and it was alittle random, for a story where the characters travel acoss time and space it is surprising familiar, they arrive in what you could mistake for an everyday suburb and the centre of all the evil is in an office block. Now this may not be enturely bad, a bit 'Nineteen-Eighty-Four' and all, but it's over so quickly with so little exploration of this new world it doesn't feel like it.
It was diverting for a little bit of time, but I am pleased I got it out of the Library rather than buying it. I have never once had the urge to read it again, infact untill I saw it on a Listamania 3 years since I read it I had entirely forgotten about it. I'm surprised it's classed as a Modern Classic, it was a tad dull.

1.0 out of 5 stars Thread bare with AGENDA showing all the way through, 31 Aug. 2011
A. Woodfin (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Wrinkle in Time (Puffin Modern Classics) (Paperback)
I'd never heard of this until I was grown up because it is American. Read it because I lived in America a while and it was said to be a classic. It began with some lovely writing then absolutely infuriated me with its really uninformed plot. Ask JK Rowling or Tolkein or Joan Aitken who ALL the characters are, you'd get an answer. L'Engle barely has hold of the lead characters' backstories let alone the places & characters they come across. I read the next one too to give her the benefit of the doubt. It was demented.
She writes thin tales that squeak "God is good" (I am a Christian) with gooey rainbows and it made my toes curl.
I suspect a younger girl may love this as it appeals to the Pink Pony and "girl takes on the bad guy" in them but I definitely came to this too late.

4.0 out of 5 stars book, 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: A Wrinkle in Time (Puffin Modern Classics) (Paperback)
so far so good.i have only recently started to read this book.i am enjoying it though,ithink imay order some more

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool, 11 April 2013
I loved it! I read this after reading "When you reach me" as it was referred to in it.I was not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book :), 6 Mar. 2014
Very good book- from the scale of one to ten I give thirty two
I really really really love it

5.0 out of 5 stars This is good!, 16 May 2001
By A Customer
This is the first book of the Wrinkle In Time series. It has fantasy and fiction which amazingly fits together like a puzzle. Madeleine L'engle has made it seem like it actually can happen. She puts emotions and feelings into the fantasy people and makes them feel lifelike. Overall, this is the best book out of the Wrinkle in Time trilogy.

A Wrinkle in Time (Puffin Modern Classics)
A Wrinkle in Time (Puffin Modern Classics) by Madeleine L'Engle (Paperback - 26 Oct. 1995)
Used & New from: £1.58