on 29 October 1998
One of those classic children's books that remains readable when you grow up, this is a fantasy that despite the modern language and situations has an almost Victorian feel. Wonderful stuff - I can't understand why this is in the top 10 of banned children's books in the US.
on 5 March 2014
I had to read this book for work and could not have been more disappointed. This is supposed to be a 'classic' children's book; it won many awards. The writing is poor, the structure extraordinarily sloppy, the characters cardboard and the ideology dubious.
on 16 August 2015
I've lost count of the number of times I've read this book. Stylistically I don't think the writing has survived the passage of time as well as some books have, but nevertheless, the story and the themes are timeless. Essential reading for all children.
on 12 July 2014
wow. this was such a strange book I liked it more, I like unusual and different strange stuff. it's very different to other books but it's also very frustrating when the author makes it so interesting but it's not clear. I recommend to all ages.
on 16 March 2016
My daughter read this book and found it very stretched out the exciting part started in the middel of the last chapter. I would recommend it to read in class because there are a lot of details to go through with other people.
on 25 May 2014
Wow! what can I say? Such insights in to science and even more so in to human nature. I probably have the least scientific mind in the world and granted it is science fiction, but what an imagination.......................
on 20 February 2015
I'm not really into science fiction novels which is why I gave this four stars instead of five. Still in all it is a page turner once the sciencey stuff is overcome. I do enjoy allegories!
on 13 March 2008
A Wrinkle in Time is one of the most imaginative and impressive stories ever written. My mother introduced me to this book when I was about 9 or 10 and I have read it pretty much every two years along withthe other books in the series. Madeline L'Engle has a wonderful writing technique where she helps children understand sciencetific formulas. This is one of the best science fiction novels ever, go on give it a try.. I know you want to!!
on 9 February 2016
I liked this little story, my only criticism would be that it could have been extended into at least another. I found myself dissatisfied with not having enough.
on 14 August 2014
I first read this as a child. Its much better when you read it as an adult, as there are ideas and concepts you don't really get as a child. Highly recommended.