5.0 out of 5 stars Good book to read.
I am in 1st year at the academy and in my English class I have read a novel called Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh. It is a great novel because it has great characters in it.
Published on 24 April 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected - but still okay.
Well, this was not quite the book/read I was expecting...

The story starts pretty tame, in that it's like many children's' books that you'd expect about animals that almost become human during the narrative, but there's a bit of a sinister side to the tale that should be noted for those unsuspecting readers!

I had not anticipated the story to...
Published 1 month ago by FAMOUS NAME

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book to read., 24 April 2002
By A Customer
It is all about a mouse called Mrs. Friby and she has four children and she has a sick child called Timothy and Mrs. Frisby goes out on a journey to get help from rats for medicine. There is farmer called Mr. Fitzgibbon who is going to run over their house with a tractor and the rats help her and her family to move house.
I would award it a five-star because it is the greatest book I have read in Englissh at the moment and if there is anybody out there who is thinking to read it should read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Childrens Book For All Ages, 26 Oct. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Mrs Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (Puffin Modern Classics) (Paperback)
A marvelously written adventure story that turns the animals into great fully fledged characters. A book that I first encountered in the early seventies and continue to read and recommend now. Buy it for the kids and read it for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that will appeal to the child in everyone., 27 April 1999
By A Customer
The first I ever heard of this book, I was all of 10 years old. My home teacher, Mrs Bird, would read to us in the closing minutes of the school day. It wasn't too long before we were all totally captivated by this gorgeous litte tale. But the year came to an end too soon and we never did get to the end of the story. Now, 20 years on, I figured it was time to find out just what happened to The Frisby Family and the mysterious Rats of Nimh.
It is spring and Mr Fitzgibbon is getting ready to plough his field. This causes a great deal of distress for a family of field mice who have their winter home in an old cement block in the field. Normally, at the first signs of spring, they would pack up what they could carry and move to their summer home, far removed from the tractors and ploughs. But this year Mrs Frisby's youngest, Timothy, falls ill and the doctor's advice is, above all else, that he not be moved. But what can she do? With little time to spare and simply no other options available to her, Mrs Frisby seeks out the Rats of Nimh and before too long, she finds herself caught up in the company of these amazing rats.
Thus, we enter the secret world under the rosebush. We learn how the Rats of Nimh came to be, we meet Nicodemus, Arthur and the brave Justin, we learn all about The Plan and the role Mrs Frisby's late husband, Jonathan, played in the Rats' colourful history.
It's a wonderful story with delightful characters - Mr Ages, the doctor; young Jeremy the Crow; the fearsome farm cat, Dragon and above all the brave and simply lovely Mrs Frisby, who is determined to save her family - at all costs.
It's a book that will appeal to everyone - regardless of age!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Class was Amazed, 2 Dec. 2003
I am only 12, but was engoed by this epic story. It was better than the moive, which is a rare thing for me to say. I would recomed this book to anyone with an heart and soul. I prosime, you will be suprised by a the twists. And I would like to thank my Teacher, Mr. T, for reading tis book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mousey Goodness, 24 Feb. 2015
This is obviously an excellent book, but here's what might be an interesting thought. There are lots of books with animal characters, but in very few of them do you really feel like the characters are those animals, (as opposed to just characters that have been put into animal bodies). For example, the one complaint I read in reviews of Brian Jacques' "Redwall" series is that scale is always way off, and characters don't act like the animals they are supposed to be.

Here, the rats are rats and the mice are mice. They think, behave and cope just like you would expect sentient, intelligent rats and mice to act. So, in addition to the charm of the story and the appeal of the characters as such, you also get a chance to really appreciate the creativity that went into conceiving and writing the book. Fun bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Student's Point Of View, 16 Oct. 1998
By A Customer
I think that Mrs.Frisby is an exellent book for people of all ages. It lets animals we normally don't pay any attention to come to life in a whole new way(without any personification, my literature teacher says!)If you haven't read this book, you should pick it up because it is a wonderful book that will entrance you from cover to cover!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 20 Jun. 2004
I have just sent this book as a birthday present to my nephew. I could not resist sending it as I have read it so often and enjoyed it every time. As a child the idea of sentinent rats fascinated me and I was wholly engrossed in the tale of their escape from the laboratory, having never realised animals were even experimented on. I would gladly buy this book for every child I know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read Book, 8 July 1998
By A Customer
This is a great book! It's about a widowed mouse named Mrs. Frisby who must move her house because Mr. Fitzgibbon will plow it. She tries to find a solution and encounters many interesting characters, including the high tech rats of NIMH. Overall I think this is a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars For ages *4 - 70 ..., 25 Oct. 2007
I read this book as possibly a 10 year old and have never forgotten the rats, in the story-within-the story in the middle, learning to read the instructions inside their cages that led to their *SPOILER ALERT! * escape. I got the book again later in life and this has culminated in reading it aloud to my 5 yr old son (*with only a few slight edits/explanations of the more complicated passages). He listened intently to chapters at bedtime, engaged with all the animal characters and wanted to talk about them and even act out some of the exciting bits. We have now read it twice in a year. Then, having had the book lying around our flat recently, my dad picked it up one visit and started reading ... and I now have to pass it on to him; he's 70. So all round, one of my favourite "children's" books. I only recently realised Robert C. O"Brien was an american author, as the story had to me a completely english feel - either way its extremely well-written in both structure and language. Mainly, it's very original. And there's an interesting snippet at the back as to how the seeds of the story were planted in the author's mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs.Frisby and the Rats of Nimh, 22 Mar. 2006
Sabrina (Hong Kong, China) - See all my reviews
This adventure story by Robert.C.O’Brien is packed with great excitement as you embark on a journey with Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh.
This story is about a family of mice (a widow and her four children), which have to move house before the Farmer’s tractor ploughs through their home. But, the youngest son has a terrible sickness, forcing them to stop. So they seek help from Jeremy the crow, an owl, and finally, a secretive pack of Rats from Nimh.
This thrilling story is exciting and is worth reading. To find out what happens, read this book!

Mrs Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (Puffin Modern Classics)
Mrs Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (Puffin Modern Classics) by Robert O'Brien (Paperback - 6 Oct. 1994)
Used & New from: £0.01