5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must for parents who read to their children, 27 Nov 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Fairy Tales (Puffin Books) (Mass Market Paperback)
If reading to your child seems a chore, you need to buy this book; it's fabulous for children and parents. You will never tire of the stories. This is just the best; it's a great read for parent and child.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply amazing, 16 Mar 2006
antiseptic poetry (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fairy Tales (Puffin Books) (Mass Market Paperback)
i was about 4 when this originally came out, and was lucky enough to be invited to a reading by Terry Jones himself (which i still remember!). My illustrated and signed copy was my favourite book as a child, and i used to love having my sister and parents read me the different stories, until i was old enough to read them to myself.

I'm now reading these stories to my niece, and she loves them just as much as I did. Although they are suitable for a range of ages (5-11), none of the stories are dumbed down, they're infact very intelligent and some even quite frightening (be warned!). The thing I like most is that every story contains a hidden moral message about life which me and my niece usually discuss afterwards!

All in all probably the best childrens book ever written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it!, 3 Feb 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Fairy Tales (Puffin Books) (Mass Market Paperback)
What a wonderful, exciting, sweet, gripping and memorable bag of stories! Have you got children? Go and get it, you cannot find a better book to read out.

5.0 out of 5 stars completed my childhood!, 13 Jun 2006
This review is from: Fairy Tales (Puffin Books) (Mass Market Paperback)
this is one of the best most entertaining books i ever read as a child. it certainly completed my childhood and makes me feel warm and nostalgic whenever i think about it. i still recall the first time i was introduced to the collection when our primary school teacher read us tales from it. the entire class listened in rapt silence and looked forward to ever storytime session. not only is the collection exceedingly entertaining, but it also has subtle morals to each tale. no child should be without it-my children certainly won't!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any parent or grand parent or children's librarian!, 21 Mar 2014
Wonderful...what more can I say? read aloud or to self, to a group or individual. Some tales have moral stories attached to them (The Glass Cupboard), but most are just great fun to hear and read. BRILLIANT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading Times., 2 Feb 2014
Mrs. Angela READ "Maturegrad" (Devizes, Wiltshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fairy Tales (Puffin Books) (Mass Market Paperback)
This gives me and my great-grandchildren great pleasure and many giggles. Makes a very welcome change from iPads and TV!

5.0 out of 5 stars children's classic, 27 Sep 2013
Loved this book as a child, great fun to revisit and reminisce as an adult. Stories with morals, humour and fantasy. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Imaginative, fun and fabulous modern fairy tales., 19 May 2013
Lyndee H (Ipswich, Suffolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fairy Tales (Puffin Books) (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought this for my daughter- I had this book myself as a child in the 1980's and remembered how its stories and fantastic illustrations captivated me as a child. Unfortunately now the book has shrunk in size and the illustrations have been cut down and condemned to black and white print. Nonetheless, my daughter loved every story in the book and throughly enjoyed having one or two of the stories every night before bed. They entertained, puzzled and amused her no end so I am very pleased to have re-visited this book with her. I think these stories are ageless and could be handed down the generations, which is a very special thing for Terry Jones to have created.

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Fairy Tales (Puffin Books) (Mass Market Paperback)
Really really good, i love it and my kids love it, the stories are a couple of pages each,the stories have sort of morals and they stick in your head.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bonkers bedtime stories., 1 Oct 2010
D. Browne "Dames Starchild" (Kampala and Winchmore Hill) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fairy Tales (Puffin Books) (Mass Market Paperback)
As you read - and these stories are best read aloud to wide-eyed children - you can feel yourself channeling the delicious Terry Jones. A must for any household that treasures those before-bed moments when magic is possible.

Terry's Python years have given him a facility with unexpected, yet apposite, phrasing that twists the reader's mind - pulling the carpet out from beneath your expectations.

Tis pity that the hardback with the beautiful artwork seems to be out of print; I'd have given that five stars.

ARRAY(0xa3440930)

Fairy Tales (Puffin Books)
Fairy Tales (Puffin Books) by Terry Jones (Mass Market Paperback - 28 May 1987)
5.03