5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, touching, thoughtful, reminiscent poems.
This marvellous poetry book NEVER leaves my classroom. When I have a 2min gap to fill with my Year 6 class this book becomes my life saver. Michael Rosen has successfully summed up the trials and tribulations of changing nappies, eating cake in secret, racing go-karts and dodging the washing up, all from his childhood perspective. A perfect book for reading out loud and...
Published on 20 July 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant
I bought this to use with key stage two classes but its not that funny! I'm not fussed on it to be honest.
Published 7 months ago by Abbie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My class absolutely love this book, 10 Sep 2014
J. R. Unwin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick, Let's Get Out of Here (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
My class absolutely love this book. I have bought many copes over the years as they always fall apart form being so well read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood Memories!, 15 April 2010
Joanne Mccombie (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick, Let's Get Out of Here (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
I remember reading this when I was a kid and have been looking for it for ages! Such a good book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Poetry Magic, 31 Dec 2009
This review is from: Quick, Let's Get Out of Here (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
I always had this book to hand when I was teaching. Children from year 2 to year 6 adored having a few minutes of these wonderful life poems at the end of the day.From "Chocolate Cake" to the Eddie adventures, - brilliant! Have just sent a copy to my 5 year old niece. Know she will love it.This is the sort of book which would encourage children to write about their own adventures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Oct 2014
This review is from: Quick, Let's Get Out of Here (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
A collection of stories. More for older kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars All children will love this!, 5 Dec 2007
L. Rickard "Book Lover" (Watford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick, Let's Get Out of Here (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
When we were children, (I'm now 26) Michael Rosen came to our school and told the stories and poems out of this book.

We each brought a version of this book and me and my brother and sister all use to love the story of the chocolate cake.

This year for Christmas I have brought the book for my little brother (hes 11) as I know he will love all the stories and Rhymes.

Fantastic book and a great gift for any child of any age!

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhhod memories come flooding back!!!, 18 Jun 2007
This review is from: Quick, Let's Get Out of Here (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
This book used to be a bedtime favourite of mine. ,y older sister used to read it to me nearly every evening. Everytime i read the sotries now, it takes me back to my childhood and this book turely captured my imagination and my heart!! It is old but even the new geneartions will enjoy these, funny, amusing little stories. Seldom do you see such creativeness in a two page story. Cleverly done. Love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars they were so disappointed I phoned school and a governor brought it up ..., 20 Sep 2014
using this book in the clssroom for many years.... The Eddie Stories are a thing of legend, a must before bed on school camps. One year I forgot the book and nearly had a riot..... they were so disappointed I phoned school and a governor brought it up the next day. But...........t's all in the telling and the reading! The book is a tool for teachers and you know what they same about bad workmen....

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 30 July 2013
This review is from: Quick, Let's Get Out of Here (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
Every primary teacher should have one! Bought for a NQT as a present. My class just love them and older children remember me reading the poems to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars quick,let's get out of here, 27 May 2013
When I was 3 years old my mum learned me how to read and these poems is what she read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 10 Jan 2010
C. Johns (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick, Let's Get Out of Here (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
Bought as a present and returned it immediately....
This book came up in the search results for child fiction and its hard to know why its there....
Having read a few random pages to check it was suitable for a 10yr old lad it appears that it was not a comedy / fiction book for children. It seems to be a book devoted more towards "sentimental" observations from an adults point of view, many of which are tired cliches dressed up with a little more up to date language.
I have trouble imagining that any child would find this book engaging or funny in any way.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Quick, Let's Get Out of Here (Puffin Books)
Quick, Let's Get Out of Here (Puffin Books) by Michael Rosen (Paperback - 28 Mar 1985)