5.0 out of 5 stars WHY WASTE THIS ON A CHILD?
I purchased The Ha Ha Bonk Book many years ago for one of my children and time has erased the recipients name from my memory bank. Never glanced at it at the time but recently came across it whilst under instructions from 'she who has to be obeyed' to "clear that rubbish tip of an office up!"

During this forced assignment I was easily distracted, indeed was...
Published on 12 Nov 2010 by DOPPLEGANGER

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK
Bought for my 5 year old grand-daughter. It was Ok but some of the jokes more suited to older children. Not as funny as I thought it would be.
Published 17 months ago by Socrates

5.0 out of 5 stars WHY WASTE THIS ON A CHILD?, 12 Nov 2010
DOPPLEGANGER (TEDDY B) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Ha Ha Bonk Book (Young Puffin Books) (Paperback)

During this forced assignment I was easily distracted, indeed was looking for diversions, and commenced to read a dog eared copy of this book obviously abandoned by my child when it flew the nest.....and before you could say "quick the boss is coming back" I had most enjoyably passed away an hour or so of this most fun of books. It certainly does not have an age containment range and is eminently suitable and buckets of fun for virtually any age.....that is unless you are a naturally miserable, morose pessimist who gleans little or no pleasure out of living and then this book is probably not for you....you need Harry Potter.

Full of amusing verse, one-liners and simple wit, some of which you would have probably come across in dribs and drabs over the years but which collected together produce a delightfully easy to read and laugh 'out loud at' collection of wit.

Such gems as:-

It's a dog's delight
To bark and bite,
And little bird's to sing
And if you sit
On a red-hot brick,
It's the sign of an early spring.

And:-

What should you do if you find a gorilla in your bed? Sleep somewhere else!

5.0 out of 5 stars what goes around..., 1 Dec 2009
A. Freeman (Bradford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ha Ha Bonk Book (Young Puffin Books) (Paperback)
No, that's not the question to one of the jokes in this book! I was bought this book when I was about 6. So I'm now in my 30s and am buying it for the next generation, as there is someone else I know who is now 6. I've had a quick look through the pages, and there are some jokes that have stayed with me over the past 25/30 years, but I didn't realise this book is where they came from!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best joke book ever, 7 Jan 2011
H. MCADAM "Hilary Mc" (Pendle, Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ha Ha Bonk Book (Young Puffin Books) (Paperback)
As a Primary School teacher for many years I remember this being by far the most eagerly-read book in my 7/8/9 year olds' class library. Even the most reluctant readers would happily sit down and avidly read it from cover to cover.

Until the tragic but inevitable day when it finally fell to bits - at a time when it was, apparently, out of print and couldn't be replaced!

20 years later I now have little grandchildren of my own who adore the corny jokes of CBeebies' 'Gigglebiz' - so I'm delighted to rediscover this precious book which is very much in the same vein. And as I can guarantee that they'll love it for many years to come, I'm also making very sure they each have their very own copy, to avoid squabbles!

It really isn't possible to rate too highly this wonderful book from the fabulous Ahlbergs. Buy it for your little ones and I can guarantee that very soon you'll be enjoying the jokes just as much as they do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jokes, 3 July 2012
This review is from: The Ha Ha Bonk Book (Young Puffin Books) (Paperback)
Had this book when I was younger so it brings back happy memories. Originally I bought this for my 5 year old daughter but have realised she is still probably a bit too young still - think probably age 7 plus may be more suitable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Ha Ha Bonk Book (Young Puffin Books) (Paperback)
This little book is full of fun! We loved it!
My son received it for his birthday (age 7) and he liked it so much laughing to himself while reading.
He is still finding new jokes to tell us daily.
We purchased this for his friends birthday who enjoyed it so much he sat and read it at his own party! We have since got another for another friend (same age) who is suitable as happy with it. Great book for 7 year old's who love telling jokes

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to read, good jokes, 6 Jan 2014
Mr. B. Miles (London) - See all my reviews
bought as a present for two different children now, both 7yrs old
good clean jokes
easy to read and scan through
definately a few that will make adults laugh
a few riddle types too which new readers like

5.0 out of 5 stars best ever joke book, 20 Dec 2010
Hilde Morris "hortibore" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ha Ha Bonk Book (Young Puffin Books) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my own kids years ago and now i am buying it for my grandchildren! it is the best joke book ever and brilliant for kids who have just learned to read!

5.0 out of 5 stars and so the trip down memory rd begins..., 15 Nov 2010
Ms. P. L. Campbell (london uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ha Ha Bonk Book (Young Puffin Books) (Paperback)
WOW.... i have jokes in my head that i have no idea where they came from i am now 30 and looking for some suitable books for my 6 year old.... and here it is the HAHA bonk book.... straight away all the jokes that had been there all these years came flooding back and made me laugh so much have ordered it cant wait for xmas when she gets it so i can have a read !!

4.0 out of 5 stars great gift for a 6 year old, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Ha Ha Bonk Book (Young Puffin Books) (Paperback)
gave this to my 6 year old newphew as his first joke book and he LOVES it. He's getting on a plane to Australia this week and the book is his most prized possession. I pity the other passengers.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it but..., 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Ha Ha Bonk Book (Young Puffin Books) (Paperback)
...not sure the children actually 'get' the jokes. Alot of it is on word play so they have to have a good understanding of the spelling of words. My boys are 6 and 8.

The Ha Ha Bonk Book (Young Puffin Books)
The Ha Ha Bonk Book (Young Puffin Books) by Janet Ahlberg (Paperback - 25 Mar 1982)