5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for Girls, 20 Jun 2011
My son and I read this book together when he had just turned seven years of age. We both really enjoyed it. We never felt that we were reading a book solely for girls - it's essentially just a very well told story that both boys and girls will get a lot of pleasure from.

5.0 out of 5 stars OLD FASHIONED STORYTELLING, 4 Nov 2009
MRS O (north yorkshire, uk) - See all my reviews
We like the Worst Witch series and have been pleased to be discovering them on audio, at tea time or in the car, as it helps the children discover other storytelling narrative that they may not usually choose or are a little above their reading book skills, though the story is still suitable.

A traditional school story really, but set in a cold and draughty castle of a school Mildred Hubble tries hard but always seems to be the worst witch at the Academy for Witches. Her friends are warm and comforting but when you've got a girl you don't like trying to disrupt things for you all the time in class (in this case her name is Ethel Hallow) it makes life difficult - especially when it's a school for witches and Ethel is good at spells!

Give this series a try on audio and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Recommended for girls age 6-9.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 1 Sep 2013
I loved reading it to my daughter and it is fun for her too for her,and not hard for her to read,overall great!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Worst Witch Strikes Again (Paperback)
Read this to my grandaughter at bedtime and we both enjoyed it. Now she is enjoying reading it by herself.

5.0 out of 5 stars The worst witch, 6 April 2013
This book is amassing I would definitely recommend this book to all girls of my age it is a amassing book

4.0 out of 5 stars Great books!, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Worst Witch Strikes Again (Paperback)
Amazingly fun tales! Second book in the series and Mildred is having even more problems...which all work out in the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice easy read for a young girl., 10 July 2011
This review is from: The Worst Witch Strikes Again (Paperback)
There is a void in the library shelf where children need chapter books, with fun characters, pictures frequently, white space and not too many pages! This series neatly fills the gulf. Created a long time before Harry Potter and crew, this is a well written series. Primarily appealing to girls. Vocabulary is interesting but will be comprehended by a young reader.

My daughters love this series to read by themselves, age 4 - 6. Would suit girls aged 4-9. And reluctant readers who are older!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was really great fun to read., 17 Feb 2000
By A Customer
It is my favourite book in the world. Enid joins Mildred and Maud in this book. Enid becomes very good friends with Mildred, so Maud does not get into too much trouble anymore. Enid and Mildred get stuck in a cupboard and find their way out (using a broomstick) - straight into the school assembly! Miss Hardbroom was not amused. It is a geat book to read if you, like me, love the Worst Witch series. Thank you Amazon for getting this book to me so quickly - I'm reading the next book now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worst witch strikes again, 1 July 2014
This review is from: The Worst Witch Strikes Again (Paperback)
jill murphy at her best with another story for us all to enjoy especially the young and l can certainly add to that

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 25 Jun 2014
I really loved this book it was awesome can't wait till I read the next book do so excited!!! !

The Worst Witch Strikes Again
The Worst Witch Strikes Again by Jill Murphy (Paperback - 28 May 1981)
Used & New from: 0.01