5.0 out of 5 stars By Frith this is a good book!
'Watership Down' is the exciting and emotional tale where a group of rabbits are forced to leave their Sandleford homes when Fiver, who often sees visions of the future, tells them that their warren is in danger from humans. The group is then lead by Hazel and Bigwig as they make their way through the fields of Hampshire as they come face to face with danger from other...
Published on 15 Oct 2007 by Dr Evil

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Layout
I thought that this story would have had attractive illustrations when it was in fact just text. I certainly would not recommend it to others.
Published 3 months ago by D F Hutchinson

‹ Previous | 114 15 16 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Ugh..., 20 Jun 2010
C. South - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watership Down (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
I am about a quarter of the way through the book, and I find it boring. It still hasn't taken off, and I have bearly any idea what's happening. Hopefully as I read on it will pick up, but as of now, I can't see the point in reading it. I also find the language used a bit odd. I know it was written a while ago, but for younger people, it could be very confuzing.

On the other hand, I love the rabbits! I have never read a book about rabbits before, and I love the chcracters and the fact that it's from the rabbits themselves. They are scared of humans, they don't know much about humans, like some books, the animals seem to know everything about humans, and they may well be humans, as the story would fit. But with Watership Down, it has to be rabbits. I love the extra *'s added at the bottom of pages, the book almost makes you feel like a rabbit!

4.0 out of 5 stars You have got to..., 11 Aug 2006
This review is from: Watership Down (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
It is a classic, beautifully written, and at some point everybody has to read this book, whether they like rabbits or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautifully written, 13 April 2000
This review is from: Watership Down (Paperback)
For those of you whose comments I've read here who cannot see the magic in this tale - your loss, not ours

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Layout, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Watership Down (Library Binding)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: Watership Down (Paperback)
This book was for my son's A level course. It was in very poor condition, with the binding already beginning to part from the pages. It fell apart within a week and I will now be purchasing a new copy at Waterstones. Very disappointing

2.0 out of 5 stars poor, 9 Sep 2006
xenofan "xenofan" (Kansas, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Watership Down (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
It's classed as a children's book, but I would doubt children (of a very young age) could really read this. I had some problems with the dialogue of some characters, which I found to be very off-putting and jarring at times. I didn't like this book - it's a classic, sure, but the narration was too detached for my tastes and there was far too much description. I did manage to read through to the end, but it was quite a chore. This is one rare case where I can say I prefer the movie adaption.

1.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars rip off..., 20 Nov 2013
P Benson "Englishbob" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watership Down (Paperback)
We have seen this plot somewhere before haven't we ..homeland destroyed...fleeing to a safe haven....hunted down by a shadowy figure. The similarities are so striking that there is complete timing synchronicity between the watching of Star Wars IV and the reading of this book backwards. Additionally this has completely put me off rabbits - once to me the presentable face of the animal world. If you go down to the pet shop today Buyer Beware ! You could end up bringing back old General Woundwort into the family fold - I'd rather take my chances with Charlie Manson.

1.0 out of 5 stars HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THROUGH THE BOOK?, 6 Jan 1999
By A Customer
I was assigned this book for school reading. When I first started reading it, I hated it. I thought it was slow and too detailed. The more I read it, the duller it became, it became to cute,the bunnys were portrayed as bunnies, poor little victims who are at the bottom of the food chain. Is this a classic? I don't think so, even Dr. Seuss was more creative than this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Another Over rated Book with no Passion, 9 Jan 1999
By A Customer
Where's the substance that keeps you awake while reading a book? Not in this short little fiction, that's for sure. There was no apparent passion in writing this, or why the bunnies were the way they were. The characters-the bunnies- were so mono personality wise, they were all equal. They all thought the same way. They all acted the same way. Where's the originality? Above all...where's the book?

2.0 out of 5 stars Watership Down, 8 Aug 2012
This review is from: Watership Down (Paperback)
Water ship down is OK to a 12 year old. It is too boring and long. It is good book BUT there is not much excitement and it's quite old fashioned hope this has given you good info :>)

‹ Previous | 114 15 16 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa7623780)

Watership Down (Puffin Books)
Watership Down (Puffin Books) by Richard Adams (Paperback - 26 July 1973)
Used & New from: 0.01