Format: Paperback|Change

Excellent, Thank You
on 4 March 2016
COULDNT PUT IT DOWN
on 27 August 2009
I loved this book, all of the characters were very well described. I particularly liked Gervaise, and although there wasn't much information about his background there was just enough to make him interesting and mysterious and the fact he was there for them all, at first I thought he might be a ghost but he turned out to be a pyschic who had had a difficult life and walked away from a relationship he obviously regretted. I didn't want to finish this book and hope Lisa Jewell writes another about this family.
on 11 October 2014
Great reading ,
on 8 March 2016
Excellent read
on 3 August 2015
Addictive read
on 14 July 2003
A great summer read, which made me laugh but also made me feel sad and frustrated with each character. A great story focusing on an interesting family, each member with their own very individual personality... and a very cool and quirky stranger.
I read this novel in one sitting and enjoyed every minute.
Come on Lisa Jewell, speed up with the next one!
on 21 August 2015
A good read
on 6 May 2015
Recommended
on 20 March 2008
'A friend of the family' is well written, very easy to read,yet thought provoking, book. I've read all of Lisa Jewels Books and find her style very entertaining. This one is just as good as the others . The characters are great. I'd thoroughly recommend this book for some light reading.