5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - the way forward
Published on 6 Feb. 2002 by C. ARNOLD

3.0 out of 5 stars the creative economy
we are hopeing that this book will help give us ideas and help us prosper in the years to come
Published 18 months ago by sally allum

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - the way forward, 6 Feb. 2002
Two decades ago at school I opted for A level Economics and Art. My teachers could not undertsand why and thought the mix would be useless. How wrong they were, today I can benefit from both economics and art in the Creative Economy. I picked this book up thinking it'd probably end up on the shelf with all my other dull unread, over written business books. But once I started reading it I was hooked. It's modern day wisdom. We are entering the next phase after IT - the Creative Economy (CE). In the CE the most valuable thing is intellectual capital. Thinking. This is something I been banging on about for ages so it was nice to read it explained and expanded in a book. I've just left a world famous ad agency to set up a more dynamic one (Fuel). Specially designed to be in tune with the CE - stategy is more valuable than selling execution (which is what ad agencies are still doing). This book filled in the missing pieces. A great read and a way forward. A must read for anyone setting up a new business for the CE.

5.0 out of 5 stars creative economics of cultural studies, 2 Sept. 2009
Mr. J. G. Barron "james85" (midlands, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Creative Economy: How People Make Money from Ideas (Paperback)
This book is categorised as 'Business' but perhaps should be in the Cultural Studies section. Fantastic, exactly what I was looking for, I wish I'd read it years ago.
The how people make money from ideas tagline doesn't mean this book is a 'how-to-do-it'

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for people & companies who value their ideas, 5 Feb. 2002
By A Customer
Finally a very good management book that isn't American. Easy to read, not full of jargon and based on perfectly good sense for individuals for whom ideas are a source of income and pride, and for companies who understand that what makes them really different is how they manage their ideas and brands. John calls this intellectual property (IP)
Full of useful insight for everyone from the CEO to struggling musicians: A book for all people. On the basis that in this modern age things should work better than they actually do, John argues that our economic models are no longer relevent. He has a point and is worth listening to on this one.
Especially helpful to marketing and brand people who are looking for the extra edge that differentiates the way they think and behave from their competition.
MOre please...

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 4 Jun. 2014
good book. guy is very good and will look for other books of his to read. worth a read and interesting

5.0 out of 5 stars The Creative Economy, John Howkins, 16 May 2014
The book is the correct one and it is in mint condition! Very happy with the book, it is perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Feb. 2015
everything perfect

3.0 out of 5 stars the creative economy, 8 Nov. 2013

The Creative Economy: How People Make Money from Ideas
The Creative Economy: How People Make Money from Ideas by John Howkins (Paperback - 27 Jun. 2002)
Used & New from: £0.01