5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect present
As a huge fan of the series 'Black Books' I had to get this as my friend's Christmas present. She was really thrilled with it and now carries it around with wherever she goes! She tells me it actually works too, but if you do know anyone who loves the series then I definitely recommend this as a cute little joke gift. It even features the quotes that were used in the...
Published on 21 Feb. 2010 by Hannah Banana

3.0 out of 5 stars Keep Away from Soup
A "must have" souvenir for any Black Books fan. However, I don't think I can take seriously the suggestion that I should wear "a few childlike accoutrements" ("Donald Duck Pants") or purchase a "negative ion generator".

Still, the simple, practical advice about breathing slower, relaxing in a warm bath, and taking time to enjoy life is good. Even if it is...
Published on 16 Mar. 2008 by J. E. Murphy

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars hehe, 6 Jan. 2004
This review is from: The Little Book Of Calm (Paperback)
If you have seen the first ever episode of Black books (comedy with Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran and Tamsin Grieg) you will realise why I bought this book
It is however, good, not only for the comedy value it helps to keep me calm, just look up a suggestion and they're usually possible to do straight away.
Also its size makes it convenient to carry around with me meaning I have a source of calm wherever I go

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LITTLE POCKET BOOK, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Little Book Of Calm (Paperback)
LOVE THIS POCKET BOOK OF CALM. WHEN YOU OPEN IT AT A PAGE THE WORDS SEEM VERY RELEVANT TO WHAT'S HAPPENING TO YOU AT THAT MOMENT.

4.0 out of 5 stars From fiction to reality, 11 Aug. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Little Book Of Calm (Paperback)
I bought this book for a laugh after seeing it in Series 1 of 'black books'. Imagine my surprise when I found SOME of the advice to be quite helpful. I say SOME because there are some quite pathetic phrases inside also. For egsample "Write down your concerns, you'll be surprised how quickly they disappear when you see them on paper". So writing down "there's a crazed psychopath at my door with a butchers knife" will make everything peachy!! But apart from that the book is altogether useful. Particularly for me as I was studying for my University exams at the time.
I recommend that you buy it, after all you can't go wrong for the price...also its cute and tiny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just don't swallow it, 9 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Little Book Of Calm (Paperback)
I guess without seeing Black Books first this book has no real meaning. But if you've seen it then it's hilarious!

5.0 out of 5 stars good..., 25 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Little Book Of Calm (Paperback)
This book is a must for any black books fan! I bought this for my friends birthday, and i think she'll LOVE it! it's a good, humorous joke gift if your friend loves the series, and pretty cheap too! =) Delivery was quick and in good packaging.
It includes nearly all of the quotes from the show. i still haven't found 'Look at the peacocks on the lawn' but oh well! it still has 'add a dab of Lavender' in it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recognise the difference between having and living, 26 May 2014
This review is from: The Little Book Of Calm (Paperback)
Although having this book will enhance your living no end. It was delivered the morning after I had ordered it in amazing condition.

Whether you just watch Black Books or you really do need something to bring you down to normal after a stressful day, this is the book for you.

Also don't worry, it's not so small that it would be considered to be a choking hazard.

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, sadly my sister never saw it, 14 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Little Book Of Calm (Paperback)
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my sister who is in Australia (and I in UK), as she loves Black Books.
Sadly, it was sent out with another gift on AirMail and she never received it.
UK side delivery was fine, I enjoyed every page; maybe I'll buy it again if she can afford to come visit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reminder of how not to take life too seriously, 20 Feb. 2014
Tooks (England, UK) - See all my reviews
Reinforces what you may already know. Love that it's written in little bite sized chunks. Agree that it's a book you will want to refer to every now and then.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahh...., 27 Nov. 2013
Iam nearly falling asleep writing this review because i'mso relaxed soory if i stop but one thing's for sure buy this book

5.0 out of 5 stars ehehe, 9 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Little Book Of Calm (Paperback)
i only bought this book cause its the book manny swallows in TV series 'Black Books' and i love that show, although about 4X bigger than the books in the show

i didnt intend on reading it, just for novelty. but i had a flick through it and its really fun to read, some funny stuff even. aye its good

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

The Little Book Of Calm
The Little Book Of Calm by Paul Wilson (Paperback - 28 Jan. 1999)