5.0 out of 5 stars remarkable, 11 July 2011
C. JACKSON "Clare J" (Lancashire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Conversations About the End of Time (Paperback)
I bought this book for my partner quite a few years ago and I can't put it down. I've taken it away on holiday time and time again and read it over and over. It is truly fascinating. At times I found the concepts a little hard to follow but it is profound and I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful presentation of the role of time upon humanity, 2 April 2001
This review is from: Conversations About the End of Time (Paperback)
Four prominent figures of today's science and philosophy engage in a lucid and thorough discussion with 3 french journalists about the role of time throughout the human history. Each of the four authors, all experts in their field, presents the concepts of time and millenarianism, while attempting to provide us with an explanation about the collective belief that one day our world will end. The book is organized in four chapters and ends with a conclusion from each author. The covered subjects range from palaeontology, history, religion, even quantum mechanics. While the role of philosophy is mainly to ask questions, this collection of philosophical essays will provide one with a plethora of answers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most interesting!, 4 Jan. 2014
Eng Ricardo Santos (Portugal) - See all my reviews
Easy reading on deep toughts of themes we all come across but have generally little time to spend on. Goes far beyond the end of the millenium that served as the original idea behind the interviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful conversation, 5 Dec. 2013
Pmp Kannan "Kannan" (India) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Conversations About the End of Time (Paperback)
Great conversation on time and how different cultures view it. Intelligent and stimulating. A great read. I would recommend it

Conversations About the End of Time
Conversations About the End of Time by Jean-Claude Carriere (Paperback - 27 July 2000)
Used & New from: £0.01