4.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from one of my favorite authors!
Published on 10 May 2001 by Paulette McCarron

3.0 out of 5 stars not the best from Theroux
Published on 26 Oct 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from one of my favorite authors!, 10 May 2001
This review is from: Fresh-air Fiend: Travel Writings, 1985-2000 (Paperback)
Fresh air fiend is the newest collection of travel essays and more from Paul Theroux. At first I was hesitant to buy it; I have read all his travel books and thought there would be nothing new. But although a couple of the pieces were repeats, most were not published in book form before. I particularly like the section of the book where he talks about travel writing--of his and other authors. Always a pleasure, Paul Theroux's latest again makes me wish I was on a train somewhere with pen in hand!

4.0 out of 5 stars very Theroux but scattered with perhaps irelevant sidetracks, 25 Sep 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Fresh-air Fiend: Travel Writings, 1985-2000 (Paperback)
A good book although it is hard to get into at first. Not 100% a travel book but more a mix of factual analyses of favourite writers and personal goals and losses.
In parts very good and always well written. It is often funny and has a great deal of fantastic travel that we all look for. recommended for those who want a mix between travel and fact.

3.0 out of 5 stars not the best from Theroux, 26 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Fresh-Air Fiend : (Hardcover)
this book turned out to be a dissapointment; the writing style is quite "flat", so even if the stories are not too appealing I couldn't even appreciate the book for the style. Some of the stories seem like an excuse to publish a book, if Theroux was unknown I wonder whether the publisher would look at these writings with interest. If you are looking for more after reading some of Theroux's most popular travel accounts you are in for dissapointment. I'd call this "a collection of unpublished writings for a good reason"; if you haven't read everything from this still amazing writer check other titles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 5 Jan 2008
R Morrell (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fresh-air Fiend: Travel Writings, 1985-2000 (Paperback)
with lots of reflections about his journeys. One of my favourites of his books. Inspiring.

Fresh-air Fiend: Travel Writings, 1985-2000
Fresh-air Fiend: Travel Writings, 1985-2000 by Paul Theroux (Paperback - 22 Feb 2001)
Used & New from: 0.01