5.0 out of 5 stars A book that Will Change your life
I first read holding the man approx 10 years ago, it made such a profound difference to my life. Written with such honesty, humour and above all LOVE!! Reading about Tim and John was an honour, I advise anyone who looks on gay relationships with anything less than a healthy respect to read this book, It shows how fantastically natural the love between 2 men can be. I...
Published on 26 Sept. 2003 by Mr Thern Reynolds

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Available
I ordered this from Amazon but it's out of print, so no luck - Saw the play - it was hilarious and at the same time really moving.
Published on 27 Aug. 2010 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful love story!, 16 April 2009
M. Proctor (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Holding the Man (Paperback)
I loved reading this book! It is beautifully written, with an honest and open portrayal of Tim and John's life. I just didn't want it to end. It makes you laugh, smile, cry and feel warm inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Love it, 10 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Holding the Man (Penguin Viking Plays & Screen) (Paperback)
A friend of mine lent me this book once, and after I read it, I completely fell in love with it.
So I decided to buy it for myself, so I could lend it to some of my friends too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreakingly joyous, 23 May 2008
This review is from: Holding the Man (Paperback)
This is really a book that makes your soul want to sing. Holding the Man is an unflinchingly candid, beautiful story that will stay with you forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love survives, 18 Sept. 2014
A very open, honest book. Two lovers, fifteen years. A wonderful love story, brought to soon to a tragic end by the horror of Aids.

5.0 out of 5 stars A story of unconditional love, 30 Dec. 2008
Everton Gayle (London, England) - See all my reviews
Wonderful. Left a lasting impression on me. Thoroughly recommend. I was sobbing at the end of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book not to be forgotten, 5 Jan. 2003
I know other people have writen many and wounderful things about this great book. So what can I add to it? Well Ive read it 8 times and every time I read it I still find myself moved by the events depicted. The numerous pop culture references allow me to relate and cross reference what I myself was doing at that time in Tim's life. Its funny, its heart warming, and its also soul destroying. I hope im lucky enough to never have to experience first hand what he did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Sept. 2014
An absolute must read!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Available, 27 Aug. 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite true to life, 5 Aug. 1999
By A Customer
Although this book rendered the devastating effects of Aids exceptionally well, the first half was rather slight.
It seems that Tim's growing up and coming out was without much conflict. He came out, his friends and family accepted him and he found the love of his life at 15 years old. And while it's lovely that he lived that life, it drains all dramatic pulse from the beginning of the book.
I'm not totally hard-hearted, the book is really quite moving. It just needed to recognize that riveting drama comes from conflict, not peace.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Holding the Man (Penguin Viking Plays & Screen)
Holding the Man (Penguin Viking Plays & Screen) by Timothy Conigrave (Paperback - 27 Aug. 1998)
Used & New from: £9.93