on 22 June 2001
I found this book very enjoyable to read. I am a student currently researching my dissertation, and needed to find out more about classes in Britain.
This book kept my interest very well. Other books on the same subject I have found to be very dull, but this one puts across the information in a relatively entertaining and informative way. I would recommend it to anyone interested in finding out more about Britain's social history.
The book also provides a good further reading list which I found very useful.
on 18 March 2014
I bought to read for my own general interest and it is a liitle in depth for that. Still, well written and fairly easy to read. More suited to a history student than a general reader.
on 7 July 2014
Recommended as a back up book for the literature class I attend but I did not find it too helpful.
on 11 February 2009
I bought this to help me teach A-Level Citizenship as the textbook had not been published... Very interesting and useful! Recommended to teachers and students alike (as well as interested others!)
on 11 April 2015
A little boring but informative
on 17 May 2013
Bought as addition to other works.It is still good scholarship and a good overview of events but overtaken by more recent work.
on 14 January 2012
This book is way beyond me, quite over my head or concentration level. It is very dense and scholarly, fine for others but not what I enjoy and learn from.
on 28 June 2015
thanks
on 29 January 2013
Brought this as it's a core module book for a module in my degree. Arrived at a decent time, new condition and does what I need it to do :)