5.0 out of 5 stars It will buy you a perfectly proportioned facelift!
Published on 21 Mar 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Experience with the facial workout
Published on 14 Dec 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars It will buy you a perfectly proportioned facelift!, 21 Mar 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Eva Fraser's Facial Workout (Penguin Health Care & Fitness) (Paperback)
I have known about Eva Frasiers facial workout for a number of years and originally bought the video several years ago. I have performed the excercises on and off over this period but recent years have forced me (due to age and looking older)to pursue facial exercises permenately as part of my daily health regime. In less than six months the results are amazing - no more baggy eyes, I have fuller cheeks, much improved skin tone and lifted jowls - if you take the time to excercise your body then take the time to excercise your face - after all not everyone sees your bum but they do see your face!

5.0 out of 5 stars facial workout, 19 April 2008
L. Barratt (UK) - See all my reviews
I started using this regime in my late 30's and am now 50. I followed the instructions rigidly and although time consuming initially once you get to the advanced stage it only takes about ten minutes three times per week. Persist and you will be rewarded. I have lovely skin, a few lines around my eyes, no bags, no droopy lids, no turtle neck, and no lines running from nose to mouth which is a sign of aging. There are times when I forget, or am very busy and do not do this regularly but am able to benefit when I do because I have carried out this regime for so long. Like any other exercise you need to keep it up to benefit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eva Fraser's Facial Workout, 15 Mar 2010
I have been using this book religiously now every day for 4 weeks, I have reached the intermediate plus level and I can definitely see an improvement in the tone of my facial muscles, especially in my cheeks, where my cheekbones now seem lifted and more defined.My nose to mouth lines have also diminished so I am delighted and would highly recommend this book. The exercises are easy to do and take less than 10 minutes a day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 8 Aug 2007
I bought Eva Fraser's book about five years ago, and did some of the intermediate exercises faithfully for a few weeks, then fell off the wagon, I'm afraid. However, advancing years forced me back into Eva's fold, and I started again, in earnest, three months ago, and worked my way up to the more advanced exercises, and, to be honest, I doubled up on the number of repetitions. The first results, after I checked in a month and compared against a photograph from day one were encouraging, to say the least. My eyes were much less hooded, you could see my eyelids, and a slight droop in one eye was beginning to be corrected. After three months my cheeks have lifted, and my neck and jowls improved almost beyond recognition. Mind you, Eva does not promise instant results, or anything like this, but some are luckier than others, but ALL can benefit. I was not expecting results for much longer than this, and I am really impressed. I should mention that I am a firm believer in exercising, and that I managed to cure a bad case of fallen arches in my feet, and also improved my eyesight by using Yoga exericses and the "Bates Better Eyesight Without Glasses" Method, respectively, so I do not need to be convinced of the efficacy of exercising, even of those parts of the body we might think impervious to exercise.

I should mention thatI am 66 years old and last week I attended my husband's medical practice dinner and ball. I was at the top table, and was wearing a black satin (very full) strapless gown. And I didn't feel ashamed at doing it! I know I look great. My cheeks are full, and plumped, and my complexion is glowing like it did in my twenties. My eyebrows, at 66 are higher than they were at 26. I feel so triumphant about this. Of course, we all want to look our best, but when you please your husband so much that he raves about how your face looks- and what it does to your over-all appearance - then that is indeed happiness!! I am told over and over that I look 45. Of course I still have work to do, my chin isn't quite perfect yet, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I would be lost without my Eva Fraser exercises. Come on ladies, what have you got to lose! And, by the way, it works for men too!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's working, 9 Nov 2011
I bought this book about 6 or 7 months ago. Started out with the basics and tried not to get too impatient and move onto the intermediate exercises too quickly. I did find the basics were a bit time consuming but persisted. It does however make sense to stick with them first as you really do need to build up those muscles first before you move on. I'm 43 and must admit that I have always looked 7-10 years younger than my age, however, I did start to notice the jowls and eye lids dropping so my main purpose was to sort these areas. Although slim, I've always had a slight double chin which I was also determined to lose. Well results, my cheek bones are more defined now, something I didn't expect, my lips are fuller, again not expected, my jowl and double chin are almost non-existent, still need a bit more work on one side of my face for my jowls but it's getting there. My eyes, although they the top eye lid is not so droopy as before it's not enough. Don't know if this exercise will work completely but will keep trying. Just a bit worried that the exercise may create fine lines on the forehead though. I don't regret doing these exercises but as with the body once you start, you will need to continue for as soon as you stop, it will all start heading south again.

The only negative thing about this book is that I only use a small part of the book, I find the section about hair and beauty very out dated and exercise not applicable to me as I tend to use the gym etc., anyway, along with a yearly IPL treatment, my skin and newly toned face have never looked better!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I am 43 but mistaken for 33 thanks to Eva!, 15 Jan 2006
By A Customer
I often have a tired worried looking face due to over expressivity which leaves its mark. Also, tiredness is excerbated by my asymetrical features.
This book is wonderful - it is positive and it actually works! However, it is essential that you first master the basic workout and multiply every exercise itself by 5 too and practice this for at least 10 weeks and I GUARANTEE you will feel and see your face 'lift' to a brighter, livelier and springier look. It will look more 'chiselled' too. I went from a tired haggard no-shape 43 year old face to a bright happier "looks 33" years old with DIMPLES! when i smile!
My only advice - takes helluva lot of effort and time to get past the shakey unused face muscles bits and you have to really force yourself to keep going - but even after 2 sessions for 2 days you WILL see/feel improvements. After 2 months change to your own tailored plan for those disliked areas.
Its natural, cheap and fun to watch yourself improve over the months. No expensive unnatural cosmetic butchering, its YOU, done by YOU! Eva is a wonderful person to pass this wisdom on!

5.0 out of 5 stars The first facial exercise book and one of the best!, 3 Dec 2001
By A Customer
Eva Fraser is an expert at her field. Eva's programme is one that will improve everyone's facial features. Being a male, I have never really paid much attention to my face and someone once made a nasty comment which caused me to become upset.
I came across this book and after reading the introduction knew that I was fortunate to come across it. As I am young it didn't take very long at all for the exercises to take effect and people around me began commenting on the changes!
This is an excellent introduction to Facial exercises. When you consider the cover has Eva at the age of 60+ you will see this does have remarkable results.
As I mention in my summary this was one of the first of Eva's books and is a classic, but in my opinion I found her second book entitled "Eva Fraser's Face and Body Programme" to be a masterpiece as this also includes a section on conditioning you body in the same way!

3.0 out of 5 stars Experience with the facial workout, 14 Dec 2002
By A Customer
I loved the idea of a work out for the face, as I know how effective it is for the body. The presentation on the videos is excellent and helpful. I worked through all the stages of Eva's book and video, but after 6 months with no visible improvement I concluded that perhaps it just doesn't work for some people. I am in my early fifties and have a skinny face! I could feel that I had worked the muscles from the inside- I often felt a very slight muscle ache, but nothing showed - my eye bags did not improve, my cheeks didn't fill out, or jowls become less marked. I might have another go now that I have read others' reviews.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book with sound advice, 26 April 2007
Mrs. A. Nowak "Mrs Average" (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
Having been morbidly obese for several years I finally found an eating and exercise regime that worked for me. I came across this book while I was looking at exercise in general and thought I would give it a go as facial exercises are not generally covered in other programmes. By the time I had worked my way through to doing the Basic Workout Plus exercises I discovered that my chin was no longer one continuous line down from my ear but had a rather delicate shape of it's own! I don't think this book is for everyone - some people will see and immediate effect, some may have to work through to the end of the programme and some won't see any effect at all - but then we are all different. There is more to this book than just the facial workout, it covers nutrition, general flexibility exercises and massage. Considering what you get for the price you pay this book is a worthwhile addition to your collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Eva Frazer's Facial Workout, 17 April 2012
Mrs. Deborah A. Wilson (U.K.) - See all my reviews
Invested in a Trendy facial exercise gadget (there's a clue in there!!!) about 8 months ago, contrary to looking younger, fresher and developing a glowing complexion, I could not see any positive results, in fact I felt the contractions were actually deepening and further defining my wrinkles, also people at work were asking if I was not feeling too well or had I not been sleeping, I mean I actually looked haggard! So I decided that the only way to truly exercise muscles is with good old fashioned exercise so invested in Eva Fraser's workout,although I bought the Kindle edition I decided to upgrade to the book and DVD as I prefer to see an exercise in action so that I know I'm executing it properly. I've been using it for about 6 weeks now and though I'm not looking 10 years younger, I can feel my muscles building & firming under my skin, I'm pretty certain I'm not as "jowly" and I'm pretty certain my turkey neck is less apparent. I haven't followed the programme to the letter, I did start out with the Basic routine for 2 weeks as recommended but then went straight on to doing Section 1&2 one day followed by Sections 3&4 on the next and continue to alternate this, it only takes about 10 minutes a day once you know the routine. So before investing in some trendy, miracle gadget I would strongly recommend that you give this a fair go first, I did it the expensive way round but have found this method to be far superior. Also when I sold my gadget on e-bay there were 3 others for sale so maybe it's not just me who concluded I'd made an expensive mistake.

Eva Fraser's Facial Workout (Penguin Health Care & Fitness)
6.29