on 8 December 2013
Although over 20 years old, this is still a good choice for anyone studying the period or simply wanting to know a little about a fascinating period of English history. I bought it as I am doing an online study course covering life at the time of Richard III, and have found it valuable background reading.
on 26 March 2013
Came quickly and is good. You want me to make up another 15 words - why? Maurice Keen is very well known.
on 3 March 2009
I appreciated the no nonsense approach of the author. There is no pontification. The book is packed full of fact. If you need a constant reference for the period, a feel for the Zeit Geist of the Later Middle Ages, and the burgeoning of a third class, then this is the book to buy.
on 6 November 2014