on 18 May 2008
I must say that I do not normally write reviews on all books that I read, but I thought I must alert people about this particular book. No doubt, this book is written thoroughly and in depth. It describes various relevant theories of leadership with a lot of so called empirical research experiments and findings. Many of them are no relevance to MBA studies. Only the plus point is that it includes practical guidelines on different theories, which are relevant and useful. However, the style is so boring, too descriptive and hard-going. In fact, this is the hardest text book that I ever read during my MBA studies. I would suggest Peter Northouse's Leadership Theory and Practice, 4th edition as an alternative book as it is better written and in sufficient depth for MBA level studies.
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2009
This book is an excellent companion for any one studying leadership in depth and get knowledge on how to excel as a leader with the theory put in practice. I have been using this book for my leadership and ethics module at my university, and it has greatly enhanced my understanding of the course. I recommend this book!
on 16 July 2011
This book is no page-turner. It is the most difficult book to read that I have ever read. It is probably a good startingpoint if you want to research leadership. However, if you want to learn about leadership I would find another book.
on 6 January 2015
It was perfect.
on-time delivery
packaging was perfect.
with many thanks .

Alvin Green
Jan/2014
on 22 January 2016
This is a good book if you are studying leadership at Foundation Degree or above. It would be good to use in conjuction with authors such as Northouse and is useful in outling a wide range of leadership theories.
on 7 March 2015
Good product does what it is designed to do , product delivered on time , not damaged in transit . Good supplier.
on 31 August 2015
Text arrived on time and in fine print, totally met my expectations!
on 1 October 2015
Was on my MSc reading list.
on 13 November 2015
Nice book
on 22 February 2013
Not a bad book but there are better out there especially if you are a student, not that inviting so doesn't keep your attention.

Delivery was prompt.