5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book on leadership and ethics
This book is an excellent companion for any one studying leadership in depth and get knowledge on how to excel as a leader with the theory put in practice. I have been using this book for my leadership and ethics module at my university, and it has greatly enhanced my understanding of the course. I recommend this book!
Published on 9 Mar 2009 by M. Bhaiya

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring and Hard going
Published on 18 May 2008 by Ramesh Valapil

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring and Hard going, 18 May 2008
I must say that I do not normally write reviews on all books that I read, but I thought I must alert people about this particular book. No doubt, this book is written thoroughly and in depth. It describes various relevant theories of leadership with a lot of so called empirical research experiments and findings. Many of them are no relevance to MBA studies. Only the plus point is that it includes practical guidelines on different theories, which are relevant and useful. However, the style is so boring, too descriptive and hard-going. In fact, this is the hardest text book that I ever read during my MBA studies. I would suggest Peter Northouse's Leadership Theory and Practice, 4th edition as an alternative book as it is better written and in sufficient depth for MBA level studies.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book on leadership and ethics, 9 Mar 2009
M. Bhaiya "mridz" (UK) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Startingpoint for a researcher, 16 July 2011
This review is from: Leadership in Organizations:Global Edition (Paperback)
This book is no page-turner. It is the most difficult book to read that I have ever read. It is probably a good startingpoint if you want to research leadership. However, if you want to learn about leadership I would find another book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Leadership in Organizations, 22 Feb 2013
Ms. Helen Thomas (S. Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leadership in Organizations:Global Edition (Paperback)
Not a bad book but there are better out there especially if you are a student, not that inviting so doesn't keep your attention.

Delivery was prompt.

Leadership in Organizations:Global Edition
Leadership in Organizations:Global Edition by Gary A. Yukl (Paperback - 15 Feb 2009)
Used & New from: £11.58