Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 December 2003
I'm a compulsive sales technique collector, I love to explore other people's experience. I work in sales, in a highly technical and competitive market, selling is often a lengthy, multi-level consultative process. In my search I find too many books about selling focussing on the 'one-shot' sales cycle, appearing as a series of shallow tricks designed to hoodwink someone into saying 'Yes'. Double-glazing and used cars immediately spring to mind. Most of the guilty authors appear blissfully unaware they have missed what really makes their techniques work, the principles underlying neuro-linguistic programming (NLP). Worse than this if they do know, they don't explain it and thus perpetuate the myths about sales success. Moine and Lloyd get it right in this book, making the connection clear. They don't even worry about the distinction between simple and complex sales cycles, a major hang-up of mine for years. What I came to realise is the principles hold true no matter what your situation. I now believe I really understand many of the truisms associated with selling, most notably why 'people buy from people'. I have been energised by this book in my work (you can hear the content of this book in my everyday vocabulary) and also in my desire to learn more. An extremely good purchase, dog-eared already.
on 12 July 2004
Having worked in sales for 14 years and having studied Ericksonian hypnosis and NLP, I can honestly say that if you need to brush up your skills or want more insight into the selling process and Hypnosis this is the book for you!
The topics covered and information in this book can help anyone improve sales and most of the information is better presented than the information written in many Hypnosis manuals.
For the money you can't go wrong!
on 19 April 2003
When I left school I was fortunate enough to work for a multinational company in their marketing department and learned many of the techniques in this superb book. This book brought all that back to me and I have been able to use the methods to increase our companies profits. Highly recommended.
on 25 March 1998
The book explores hypnotic techniques, and the art of constructing stories to further your sales presentations. I learned a lot and used a number of techniques to open doors and close sales.
This is a wonderful book designed for people who would like to learn how to apply Ericksonian hypnosis and Neuro-Linguistic Programming to sales.

The book takes you by the hand and guides you step-by-step toward mastery of hypnotic language patterns in different sales environments.

Learn how to use hypnotic skills to establish rapport with your customer, how to help your customer subjectively experience how his life will be different with the help of your products or services, learn how to get the information that will help you to close the sale, and much more.
on 2 October 1998
This book applies Ericksonian hypnotic techniques to the interpersonal sales process. It covers developing rapport through pacing, using stories and metaphors, eliciting criteria and developing script books amongst many more. This book is full of penetrating insights. If I had one book only on the interpersonal psychology of selling I would choose this. Chapter 10 on interactive audio and video training has such penetrating insights it is amazing it was written way back in 1990 before the web. I find publication lists populated with junk sales books ("101 best closes" and such like). This book is not one of them. It is full of real substance. I wish I purchased it 8 years ago. The techniques they describe can be used in all interpersonal interactions, not only sales. If you have any comments please feel free to e-mail me.
on 20 May 2012
This book is a little bit different to your regular sales manual, offering a new angle, largely courtesy of Milton Erickson. Here we see Erickson's hypnosis and `angle of least resistance' techniques developed and tailored to suit the needs of today's salespeople, in a set of skilful reframes. I heartily recommend it.

Having worked in sales for several years, I had to buy this book to see if I could learn anything new. I was delighted with the content, which helped me to understand those times when I watched my friends perform seemingly impossible sales.

With utter astonishment, I've sometimes witnessed friends of mine closing sales with apparently mad tactics. I have watched in disbelief, hearing them say seemingly very inappropriate things, and watching them close the sale, leaving me scratching my head and thinking to myself `What on earth was going on there? Had I said what he/she had said, the customer would almost certainly have laughed and told me that they had a bus to catch!' Well, inside this book it tells me the sorts of things that were going on, explaining what they did and how it worked - it tells me how that person closed that sale in a situation where I would have applied more conventional strategies and bombed.

Of course confidence plays a key role here, but there is a great section on self-hypnosis at the end that covers this very issue very well indeed.
on 9 January 2010
I could use all manner of sales techniques compiled in this well written book, but the fact is I'd hate myself forever for being so incredibly manipulative with my customers. I'm largely convinced that the sales techniques if applied by an unscrupulous person could very well work and make X person a better salesman/salesperson. However, on the grounds of personal morals I would personally not use any of the powerful sales tools in this book.

Why did I buy this book? To learn how to not be sold things I don't want or need.
on 14 June 2008
It broadly mentions hypnotism and mentions selling techniques (some more generic than others), but doesn't quite make them click together.

The intentions were good, but somehow this bird doesn't manage to fly
on 12 September 2015
This book is a hidden gem, where has it been? so glad I'm still learning new things even in my 30s. This can be applied anywhere in life, not only in your job. Arrived on time and in perfect condition.