Published 7 months ago by UK Man

3.0 out of 5 stars Good info for people new to using a DSLR but ...
Good info for people new to using a DSLR but as I previously owned the 600D It didn't really offer a great deal that I already knew. I suppose the title says it all really, snapshots to great shots and not great shots to professional masterpeices. lol.
Published 7 months ago by Michael Doherty

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent handbook even for photographers with a bit of experience - great introduction to making the most of your camera, 4 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Canon EOS 70D: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
I've been interested in photography for many years on and off and owned a series of SLRs from film to digital. Therefore most of the information in this book was not new to me. However having it clarified, or being reminded, of how to make use of the various camera settings is very useful. I realised that I was not making use of the white balance, and exposure modes as much as I should, probably partly because my techniques had not changed much since the move from film 10 years ago.

If you just want to know how to work the camera the manuals are fine. If you actually want some advice on how to use it and apply the various settings then this is an excellent introduction. The author has a nice style and the presentation of the book and the photos included are attractive. I would think this book would be useful for people with other dSLRs too, not just the 70D, although the technical details are obviously aimed at this model.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good info for people new to using a DSLR but ..., 20 Sept. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Canon EOS 70D: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
I bought 3 books of Amazon as I just bought a new Canon 70d.

You really need to read a book and so much to learn..

I can't comment on the reading of the book as it will take a while to read.

However, I have flicked thru it and it looks good and easy on the eye to read and view.

Very nice colour photos and large text all spaced out... the sections seem easily explained with photos.

I paid £10.78 delivered....which is good value... Amazon's own price is £15.99!
I wouldn't get a kindle version... really no point.....lovely book to own...

Updated - 9thFeb - 2014
-----------------------
Out of the 3 books I purchased.. this is now my favourite book...
It has a really nice feel, look & style about it.. and the size of book is nice..

This is a must have for anyone owning a Canon 70D....the pictures inside make you want to stop reading and to get out and shoot...
10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Very thorough, easy to understand, 2 April 2014
I'm a complete novice as far as this camera is concerned, and this book has been an absolute godsend! So far I've recorded some great footage, but I've only just used a fraction of the camera's capability. This book is slowly taking me through it all, step by step. It'll be a long journey because I keep going back to re-read whole chapters (okay, I'm a slow learner!!), but it's SO worth it. Very happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ideal 70D User Manual!, 15 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Canon EOS 70D: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
This is a clear and colourful book for Canon EOS 70D owners that gives full details of not only settings for all occasions but the reasons behind those choices. The book explains why to use the many functions of the 70D to get the desired results. A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy, 30 July 2014
This review is from: Canon EOS 70D: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Great book very informative,should be a must buy for anyone with a 70d, explains things simply with easy to follow diagrams. Would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon 70d book ;-), 2 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Canon EOS 70D: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Fantastic book by Nicole - i have not put this down since buying my new canon, I have all ways been in to shooting movie and loved photos but never really took it seriously until a few months ago, i would class my self as new & learning all about the correct way to take pictures so this book is perfect, easy descriptions & tutorials some ace big colour pictures ! would recommend to any one starting out or any one buying the cannon 70d who knows there stuff ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars descriptive book and gives very clear guidance on how to get the best out of your camera, 3 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Canon EOS 70D: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
I have the Nikon Version of this book and bought the Canon one as a gift for my brother who was lucky enough to get the EOS 70D camera as a birthday present. It's a very well written, descriptive book and gives very clear guidance on how to get the best out of your camera. Describes very well how to do all the settings which can be a bit daunting on a new camera. Very easy to refer to,

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow guide for 70D, 6 Mar. 2015
B. Dodson (UK) - See all my reviews
An easy to follow and well illustrated guide to using the 70D - does not assume any level of competence. Useful exercises at the end of each section to re-enforce the learning points.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful guide on the Canon 70D, 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Canon EOS 70D: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Really useful and well written book on the Canon 70D. Shows you what to do in more detail that the manual that comes with it. This will help me get the most out of the camera .

Canon EOS 70D: From Snapshots to Great Shots
Canon EOS 70D: From Snapshots to Great Shots by Nicole S. Young (Paperback - 20 Dec. 2013)