5.0 out of 5 stars Linux Server introduction
It is very good book for beginners as well as for more advanced users. It guided me step by step from installation to start of my own service on server. I already used some hints from server backup section. I cannot imagine better introduction to linux servers.
Published 15 months ago by Przemyslaw Snowacki

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great
Published 14 months ago by ally_uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Official Ubuntu Server Book (Paperback)
Didnt really enjoy this book at all I thought it was seriously lacking, Luckily I picked up a used copy. The main problem I have is the book just doesn't flow well and just as you are getting to the meat and potatoes of trying to configure something you are told to consult a man page? Tell us something we don't know. The services section I found to be really lacking you can find better documentation for free online.

Next version of the book make a cook book style approach with labs for beginners.

I didn't really learn a great deal from this the writing style is very dry.

Just my honest opinion I will be using the Ubuntu forum and community documentation for future reference

5.0 out of 5 stars Linux Server introduction, 15 Jan. 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars The good is that it is editorialised, 15 Oct. 2014
JC (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Official Ubuntu Server Book (Paperback)
The good is that it is editorialised, you can trust what you read. but it is limited of course, and then you are back to the Internet...

The Official Ubuntu Server Book
The Official Ubuntu Server Book by Benjamin Mako Hill (Paperback - 22 Aug. 2013)