on 29 April 2010
I really needed to get up to speed on Access for an urgent project I am involved in, and so I chose this book. What a mistake. there is so much missing that I find I am searching the web all the time to find out how to do (quite simple) things.

For example on adding a subform the book fails to say that you have to ensure that you have the "Use Control Wizards" clicked. I spent ages trying to figure out why the wizard wasn't appearing. Now, maybe I'm a bit stupid, but time and therefore step-by-step instructions are of the essence. A web search sorted me out.

Also, "You can create a linked form" it says by clicking the "Linked Form" option. Where is this option? Where is this link? Another web search to crack this one.

There are loads of omissions like this which really slow you down

How do you change input field lengths on a form? You don't know - and I don't know - and I won't find out using this book (I gather from another web search you have to create the form manually)

The screen shots, which could be really nifty, are so small as to be almost useless without a magnifying glass.

Well, I'm 2 days into this project and I have not achieved much. Oh, I have 20+ years in IT, and I have database skills I just needed bringing up to speed on this. Seriously, save yourself money and buy yourself a proper Access book - I'm just going off to find one.
on 27 May 2010
Having considered most of the widely available Access 2007 literature, I decided to choose this one. "Why?" you might ask. Simply, it was the cheapest!

For what I needed to do - create a database of Customer Reports from the Template available from Microsoft I needed a little help. This fulfilled my requirements easily and cheaply.
on 10 February 2012
The beginning of the book starts off ridiculously easy, with it telling the reader to click the Start button, all programs, Microsoft Office, etc. But in other parts of the book it is very technical, making it difficult to understand.
I have an existing knowledge of Access but have not used it for many years (and had not used the 2007 version) so it was great to refresh my knowledge and even gave me ideas of how to better organise the data for the project I am building.
I like the easy layout of the book, it is in colour and not chunks of text, which make it easier than a lot of IT books to read.
Wouldn't recommend this to a beginner, but good for someone who wants a refresher course.
on 24 June 2011
I got this book for getting to grips with databases at work and it has proved very useful. It is easy to understand and explains things clearly and step by step.
on 3 April 2014
A very prompt service.
Product as described in advert
I have no complaints about this seller
Would recommend this seller
on 17 November 2009
Good book for people with existing knowledge of access. This book is aimed for beginner to expert level.
on 23 February 2015
Great product. Arrived as advertised.
on 9 December 2009
Thank you for your very good service, the book was just what I wanted. It is a shame that other major suppliers do not match your speed.
Merry christmas to all your staff.
on 13 February 2009
I found this book to give me most of what I needed in a simple fashion.