5.0 out of 5 stars An Indispensable textbook!, 6 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Introduction to Biopsychology (Paperback)
This is an invaluable resource for the student of Biopsychology.
It is extremely well written and well structured. Each chapter includes diagrams, essay questions and a chapter summary.
A fantastic addition to the book is the accompanying website which includes mind maps, self test questions and interactive animations, which all help the reader get to grips with this difficult but fascinating subject.
This is a great learning resource, with up to date research, but above all, a very readable and accessible introduction to biological psychology. Indispensable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful reference book for the biopsychology student and interesting read for anyone else, 15 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Introduction to Biopsychology (Paperback)
This book is an extremely useful reference book for anyone studing the subject of biopsychology. It is factual and backed up by scientific experimental data within the text. I have found it to be a marvellous aid to my studies. I cannot rate the book highly enough. It is well written and draws the reader easily into the subject matter. The associated website is also a valid tool for learning, providing additional study support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes biology easy!, 14 April 2011
This review is from: Introduction to Biopsychology (Paperback)
For what could be hard topic this book really takes the time to explain each thing in simple terms, the pictures also really help this. There is a good variety of topics which are easily presented. I like the fact there is suggested films/books to read that would further explain a topic or give it concrete grounding.

The website is also invaluable for further explaining parts in the book and had handy self tests and animations. The bonus is you do not have to pay anything additional to use this

I may be bias as Andy is my lecturer but to me this book is essential for any undergraduate student, whether a first year or someone in their last this book is accessible for all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for biopsychology studies, 4 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Introduction to Biopsychology (Paperback)
This is an amazing book. Its written in a straight forward manner, doesn't try to blind you with science, but rather incorporates it into a story. Its very easy to read, and I could not approach any essay in this subject without this book. Andy is one of my lecturers and the book reads as if he is talking to you. I am not biased though!
The sections at the start on action potentials are made easy so that anyone can understand. I even refer back to it for pharmacology and physiology modules. A great chapter on neurodegenerative disease too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Book!, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Introduction to Biopsychology (Paperback)
This guy is my lecturer for Neuro-Psychology at my University. He is witty and always has a tale to tell - most importantly he gets the point across every time WITHOUT all the other hash thrown in to confuse you. His book is much the same. Simple to understand, yet detailed enough to be all you need for the majority of your course.

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST BUY!!!!, 24 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Introduction to Biopsychology (Paperback)
Very detailed and descriptive, easy to understand and take on board. Will be put to very good use on my degree as its packed with fantastic points!
Even better the author is my lecturer and he teaches as good as he writes so i recommend to anyone who is interested in buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST TEXTBOOK I HAVE EVER READ!, 16 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Introduction to Biopsychology (Paperback)
The title says it, one of the harder subjects to get my head around, this text made it enjoyable and easy.
I can think of a dozen other psychology texts that need to follow the style this does.
Also Andy Wickens is a great educator.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and educational, 17 Sept. 2009
Ms. L. M. Nelson (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Introduction to Biopsychology (Paperback)
I really like this book. The first part of chapter 1 gives a good historical background about the brain which I enjoyed. I then read chapter 13 on degenerative diseases which was quite technical in places, but still fascinating. Since then, I have read all the special interest boxes (2 in each chapter) which gives a good over view of biopsychology. This is my favourate psychology textbook by far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied., 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Introduction to Biopsychology (Paperback)
Product was in good condition, despite bring second hand. There were no torn pages or writing in the book so I'm satisfied with my purchase. :)

Introduction to Biopsychology
Introduction to Biopsychology by Dr Andrew Wickens (Paperback - 26 Mar. 2009)