Format: Hardcover|Change

on 16 August 2009
Having decided to go down the LabVIEW route for a project I rapidly dug myself into a big hole because of the complexity and the fact that LabVIEW was quite different from any other language I'd used. I was under a tight timescale and couldn't afford to wait for a training course to come around so did a search on Google and Amazon. I finally decided to buy LabVIEW for Everyone, and have to say it's been one of my best decisions. It's helped me over the initial hurdle of getting my head around the concept of dataflow and proved to be an invaluable guide.

I've since bought other books, but this is still my main reference several months on, and I've now turned into a labVIEW bore. The book is well organised and is easy to follow, being written in a friendly style. Even the complex subjects are handled very well indeed.

Highly recommended.
on 26 November 2008
I had a few applications to write in Labview and I bought several books. This one is well paced with plenty of pictures- just what you need when you're grappling with a new language. It takes you through the easy bits of Labview and starts to get into some of the more difficult concepts. I'm still using it (it's 1000 pages!) and I've found it the best of the three books I bought on Labview.

Ed
on 16 September 2011
So you want to learn about Labview and are wondering which is the best book to purchase. This is it. O.K. the book is a bit expensive, but you get your moneys worth with clear understandable text, Lots and Lots of illustations giving good visual representation of how to accomplish a task, lots of examples on the CD. Nicely paced without causing information overload. As other reviewers have mentioned, this book will be a reference for the future as your knowledge of Labview grows.
As you can guess, I heartily recommend this book for all new, and even well established users of Labview.
on 25 April 2012
This is a good introductory book on programming in LabVIEW. Not only does it tell you what to do, it tells you what NOT to do. For instance, on page 217, one is strongly advised against using "Stacked Sequence Structures" and "Sequence Locals". Page 773 has a discussion on the major pitfalls of reading or writing to the "Value property" (a kind of global variable). Also, on pages 155-156 there is a helpful compilation of the most common mistakes made when writing LabVIEW programs.

It would be nice if LabVIEW for Everyone had more references to other books, aside from the five listed in Appendix E. For example, some references to help readers with the subjects covered in Chapter 10 (Signal Measurement and Generation: Data Acquisition) would probably be helpful. (Otherwise, Appendix E does provide a useful collection of alternative LabVIEW resources, such as websites, organizations, etc.)

All in all, LabVIEW for Everyone is a very useful reference.
on 8 January 2014
LabVIEW has quite a steep learning curve and so a guide book is essential for anyone new to it. This one is good but one needs to go through stage by stage. This volume tackles versions up to LabVIEW 8 so if you are using later versions (i am now on LabVIEW 2013) then look for an update. A useful support before or after undertaking a training course. It is not aimed at school-related dataloggers such as LEGO NXT/EV3, Vernier SensorDaq, Vernier LabQuests or NI myDaq, though various techniques and processes that are needed for them are dealt with, though not by name. Adult usage. Quite quick delivery.
on 27 September 2011
Very easy to read, many examples and step-by-step descriptions. Very satisfied with this product. I am a beginner with LabVIEW and I found everything I needed on this book to start with. It has a lot of advanced materials as well.