Format: Hardcover|Change

on 17 November 2013
I am a fairly new LabVIEW developer. This book describes some common development practices in the field of LabVIEW. Many of them are obvious, but some are not. And for those little bits of new information, this book is worth the money.

The book is organized more or less as a list of "rules" of good style. Every rule is then explained. As many of the rules are easy to understand, the explanation can be skipped. Some of the rules are different to what I would do, but then the explanation gives good arguments for why the author's vision is actually good style.

However the book has been written with the assumption that it would be printed in color even though it is black and white. It is not as big of a problem to me as other reviewers write, but the book is not perfect. Still I argue, that given the salary one gets as a professional LabVIEW developer, this book is definately worth its price.