5.0 out of 5 stars A programming classic
If you read a lot of computer books, you can easily tell the good ones: they are frequently cited. Well, this book is frequently cited. You even find references to it in computer books that have nothing to do with C programming. That fact should tell you something.
I learned C from this book, and I have to agree with the authors that cite it--it's a good book...
Published on 10 Sep 1998

2.0 out of 5 stars Its very old school - which is not necessarily bad
I should of known better. Been coding for years, this is coding utilizing as much cleverness in one line of code as you can.

Thats the old school way. I respect that and they are very good at it. The new school is coding things in a way that is expressive and mitigates risks of both the code itself and of the person consuming it.

This book was...
Published 5 months ago by MrTortoise

‹ Previous | 112 13 14 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!, 1 Sep 2011
This review is from: The C Programming Language (2nd Edition) (Paperback)
Exactly as describe, quick delivery, good condition, and great price as well. I would definatly recommend this buy for anyone interested in learnin C!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure genius, 25 Mar 2008
This review is from: The C Programming Language (2nd Edition) (Paperback)
This book may not be the newest one out but it is totally the best. I read many many many books trying to learn C but none of them quite did it until i found this one and it will always have a place in my heart and on my desk. STOP looking and buy this book NOW!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb - The authorative guide, 29 Jan 2000
This review is from: The C Programming Language (2nd Edition) (Paperback)
I can only say what i'm sure many have said before. This book is an execellent tutorial to the C programming language, and is not dependent of any prior knowledge. Most people will never have to buy another book on C. It can't be recommended enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 30 Aug 2000
This review is from: The C Programming Language (2nd Edition) (Paperback)
Being relatively new to C programming (basic knowledge), I can safely say this book will be perfect for HND Computing and other similar level courses needing both C exercises, explanations, and a sort of reference manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is the best, 12 Feb 2000
By A Customer
This book is perfect. Everything is explained simply and quickly. As an example, i have never understood POINTERS, after reading this book i think there the best thing in the world! Everything will be made clear!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great C Programming book, 23 July 1999
This review is from: The C Programming Language (2nd Edition) (Paperback)
This is the best C programming book out there. It gives you the facts, and has them all without a 1000 page book. Also, Kernigan and Ritchie are the creators of the C programming language.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is an excellent book on C, 25 May 1999
This review is from: The C Programming Language (2nd Edition) (Paperback)
It covers all of necessary parts of C languange, even though somewhere it is hard to be understood. Anyway, it is a good book.

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a heeel for beginners, 10 Mar 1999
This review is from: The C Programming Language (2nd Edition) (Paperback)
I am writing this review with this book on my hand. I bought this book with happiness three days ago, because I thought I was going to start learning computer programming. However, as a beginner, I found myself have a huge trouble to understand this book. I might be a great reference book for experienced programmers. But for me, it's a hell! I will return this book an hour later, and get another easier book to start learning C. However, I will come back to this one as soon as I have some basic knowledge about C. I believe it will work once I come back.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Bible of ANSI C, a must buy !, 7 Oct 2001
Mr. G. Walburn "Seligsoft" (Gloucestershire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The C Programming Language (2nd Edition) (Paperback)
I have just started a 'c' programming course, with no knowledge of how in-depth I would have to go to learn it, I started to loose pace a bit, until I bought this book on recommendation from my lecturer , all I don't understand is clearly and logically mapped out in the book.
I have read several Sams 'how to in 24 hrs...'books, the most recient being 'Beginning Programming' another must read before anyone enters the programming world, I chose 'c' and 'c++' because of its speed over basic, which I already know well. I hope to write applications very soon with this book.
I have applied for the 'C Answer Book', which I hope will complete the resource, I do agree though it should be part of a package together.
Anyone interested in trying it out should buy 'C++ Builder 5 Starter pack' from Macmillan which has a very good compiler and libary files for creating DOS, Windows 16 and 32bit applications, and then read 'The C Programming Language'K & R afterwards.
I would like to see Kerninghan and Ritchies books bundled with a c-compiler, this would set a high standard throughout the industry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great book, 17 Jan 2010
Mr. S. J. Hollingshead (Exeter, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The C Programming Language (2nd Edition) (Paperback)
This book is a great start to C. It outlines parts of the language and makes sure that it's done step by step, not getting too complex before it has to.

‹ Previous | 112 13 14 | Next ›

The  C Programming Language (2nd Edition)
The C Programming Language (2nd Edition) by Dennis Ritchie (Paperback - 22 Mar 1988)
33.39