on 26 December 2003
This book is very good but I did not realise until it arrived that it is an American book aimed at teaching English to school children. Although some of the activities can be adapted for use with adults, it is not the book I thought it was when I ordered it. I have rated it as 5 stars as for its purpose I am sure it is excellent - just don't waste your money if you are an ESL teacher of adults.
0Comment|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 November 2002
If it was possible, this book should have 50 stars! The lessons are very clearly explained in minute detail, what to prepare and how to develop the lessons as the pupils improve their English. This is a really really fun way to teach English, my students here in Sweden love anything I take from the book.
on 26 July 2009
I found this book to be very easy to read and use. There is a very comprehensive list of skills to be taught and a wide selection of activities to choose from. Although the book is American, I found it easy to adapt to activity based learning now popular in Scottish schools.
on 3 November 2009
This book helps English as a foreign language teachers to step up and create fun lessons with various activities. If you enjoy teaching speaking in a way that children don't realise they are practising their oral skills then this is the right book for you.
on 20 November 2010
fantastic book for teaching children english. i have just started to teach children and have tried several books. in my opinion it is one of the best as has really good ideas for getting children to speak. different from the regular course books.
on 24 January 2015
This is a well-written book for ESL teachers (especially beginning ones), I like the activities, the index it includes to make them more search-friendly and on the whole it has proven quite useful as additional research on ESL activities. However, to be honest, I believe it's a bit outdated, contained too many activities I already knew and when I was buying it I expected to receive more ready-made original printable activities. That's partly due to the book's not having a preview on amazon, so probably it was also a search error on my part. All in all I am satisfied with my purchase because for it's price it was really worth acquiring another ideas box. In this profession there are never enough, I am afraid. :)
on 4 February 2016
Excellent ideas to use for smaller learners. There's tons of things to do, activities and ideas that you never dreamed of in here. It also includes templates for some of the activities which is great. You'll never get bored of searching for something useful for your lessons.
on 11 January 2016
Working as a teacher I found this to be really useful and interesting. Can use a lot of the ideas in my classroom. Would recommend to anyone teaching children English.
on 2 November 2015