on 5 January 2013
In my quest for UX enlightenment, I found an abundance of books, journals and online materials that presented the subject in a rather glossarial fashion. Learning new terms and procedures is an important part of the learning process, sure, but until I purchased this book, I lacked certain skills needed for quantifying user experiences in an efficient and professional manner. As someone with a design/development background in digital media, I had a basic grasp of statistics, but had never dealt with it in the context of data analysis from usability testing. This book filled in all the gaps in what I wanted and needed to know and regularly serves as an important reference.

As the authors have made the book so readable and interesting (a great user experience!), I can safely recommend it as both an introductory text for students and as refresher for seasoned UX professionals, who themselves may even learn a few things. Worth every penny.
on 26 September 2011
The book was easy to find, delivered fast, and was in very good condition, as promised. I still think that the sellers on amazon should be "forced" to sent the used books to other EU countries from the UK.
on 7 July 2009
I haven't done any formal usability testing yet, but it will be a focal point of my final year project at university, so I've been looking for books that explain the process. Measuring the User Experience initially seems like a textbook full of boring statistics, but on further inspection the information inside is very practical. Tullis and Albert's book sets out to cover the whole process of doing a usability study, from planning and collecting data all the way through to analysing and presenting it.

If Steve Krug's Don't Make Me Think! is a first step into the world of usability, then Measuring the User Experience is great choice for where to advance your other metaphorical foot to next. For someone like me, who is familiar with many of the concepts but has never had a chance to apply them in a formal study, Tullis and Albert's book is highly recommended.