5.0 out of 5 stars Official DSA Complete Theory Test Kit
Bought this for my daughter who was intending to taske the theory part of the driving test. I liked the fact it was the official version and so hopefully there would be no mistakes in it.

Published 22 months ago by Lola Jackson

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT compatible with Windows 8 as stated
I normaly do not write reviews, but this is very important information to know, This is NOT compatible with Windows 8 as stated in the product description. PLEASE UPDATE THE DESCRIPTION SO OTHERS DO NOT HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!
Published 18 months ago by Carol Schuett

5.0 out of 5 stars Official DSA Complete Theory Test Kit, 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Official DSA Complete Theory Test Kit - 2013 (PC/Mac) (DVD-ROM)

The cd is very useful as it focuses on the hazard perception part of the test which needs to be spot on. I would reccomend this test kit for anyone who is thinking of tasking the theory test. I might add that after reading it myself and using the cd I realised that I would never pass my test agsin should I need to!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT compatible with Windows 8 as stated, 4 Jan. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job and had helpful additions, 8 Aug. 2013
I just wanted something to quickly get through the theory test, this was perfect because it gave you all the information you needed and the large bank of questions to try and learn from. The best parts:

- links to the online official highway code website next to most of the points it made, you don't need them much because it's comprehensive but it helps
- hazard perception is just a matter of practice and this gives you some practice clips and a review of them afterwards to tell you what you should have picked out. Very similar to the real thing and even though I skipped it, the dvd tells you, comprehensively, what a hazard is, how to identify one etc. Above and beyond what is really needed but that means it's fool-proof
- marks your practice answers for tests, quick tests and mocks, if I'd got a book I'd have to do that myself to add to the dullness of learning driving theory so I saved so much time.
- shows percentage of topics studied and practiced which is good for moral, theory is boring and it's nice to see how much you've done

I'll definitely be passing this on to anyone who needs it in the future

5.0 out of 5 stars great learner., 30 Sept. 2013
perfect passed my theory thanks to this bad boy :-)
had everything in it including every single question worded in numerous ways

3.0 out of 5 stars Very informative - but disc had a few glitches, 7 Jan. 2014
Great disc which allows you to practice hazard perception and all the questions that you many get asked in the test! However, when checking what questions you got right or wrong, occasionally the disc would glitch and it would not allow you to check the answers! Which is a pain!!

4.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, though some bits a little lacking, 6 Jan. 2014
A. Carmichael - See all my reviews
the multiple choice disc in this product is fantastic, it has a bank of questions which are randomly selected each time based on the criteria you sit a practice test, after sitting my test, i can say that at least 45 of the questions in my theory were definitely in the disk, the other are most likely in it as well, i just never came across them in my studies

The hazard perception part of the disc is is fairly good as well. with allot of basic driving information and a good guide on how to approach the hazard perception and general driving advice. the only reason i have given the product 4 stars instead of 5 is a feel there was not enough mock tests in this disc, there were only arround 10 clips and only one set of them, leaving you wanting a bit more, as you don't get an over all feel for your attempt as it gives you indivual clip scores, i would still thoroughly recommend the discs, id say pad out your hazard perception with free online clips aswell

2.0 out of 5 stars Hazard perception tests made in 2008 not 2013, 10 Sept. 2013
The first disc with the information and practice tests for the multiple choice part of the theory test was very good and up to date (2013) BUT I was very very disappointed with the disc with the Hazard Perception part of the theory test. This carried a 2008 date on the cover and was NOT what I expected for an official complete theory test kit advertised as 2013. The quality of the videos was poor and the scenes very dated.

1.0 out of 5 stars Installation programme for Mac not working properly, 26 April 2014
The theory test CD would not work on my Mac. The installation programme does not work properly. Managed to sort it out but only because I live with a computer expert who could fix it. Would not recommend as would have been unable to use it otherwise, despite the fact I checked beforehand that it was compatible with Mac.

5.0 out of 5 stars Theory disc installs fine on PC but not old OS MacBook; hazards disc ok on either, 31 Oct. 2013
MrsPaul (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I'm going to try running the theory disc on my back-up PC (Windows XP) to see if it will play (see the update below, works great on PC). The hazards disc, whilst dated, does work perfectly on my MacBook and is proving rather helpful so I'm glad I got this to companion my books (bought the TSO Complete Learner set - had to add the Highway Code and Traffic Signs to get enough to make me feel I had enough to get me through theory. DVLA need to revise the way they present all this!).

The hazards test section of the theory test has been worrisome to me so I do feel this was a fair purchase. It would be an excellent purchase if the theory disc would install - I do have the required OS and space so I don't know what the problem is! If it won't run on the PC I'll be contacting TSO support online (url included on package).

The dated hazards disc and the un-runnable theory disc is why I am giving this a meagre 3* rating. Buy it if you're nervous (and who isn't) about the theory and practical - I do think the hazards disc is going to end up being a huge help to me on both.

UPDATE 13 Nov 2013 - should have done this sooner. The Mac problem (insert embarrassed face here) was with my outdated OS, whilst awaiting the update disc from Apple I tried this on my stand-by PC (Windows XP) and it works fine. VERY helpful, so gald I bought it and is why I updated the rating and title of my review. This is an outstanding study aid for new UK drivers and I'm VERY glad I bought this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Preparation, 15 May 2014
This product I had chosen because of how it was the latest I could find to 2014 theory tests. At first I did not like the system as to how I always had to insert the CD before I could actually activate the software on my laptop but once I got the hang of it the material in the product proved very useful.

The studying, practise and mock test sections have proved helpful and allowed me to monitor my progress as to how well I am preparing. I would still advise people to read the official highway code, do a bit of research of change in rules of the test and questions as well as this product to raise full confidence of passing the test.

The product allowed me to constantly practise similar questions of each topic under the highway code, review though any incorrect ones and most importantly "case studies" that are likely to appear during the test. Practising this part may not be as available online. I PASSED my test first time with 47/50 and the mock test I did on this product became 49/50. Hazard perception I would advise to practise as much as possible either online or buy a separate DVD, as this product does not provide that option.

I would truly recommend this product to anyone who would like to be prepared for anything that my come up during the test and also practise using other support materials online. My Laptop was Windows 7, I am not sure about MAC.

The Official DSA Complete Theory Test Kit - 2013 (PC/Mac)
The Official DSA Complete Theory Test Kit - 2013 (PC/Mac) by Stationery Office Books (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)