on 5 July 2013
I bought a CD for my first exam and I failed it! I bought this book for the 2nd theory exam and thank god I passed it! Really helpful and gave me most of the answers I need for the theory test! I would Recommend it to those who wants to pass the exam.
on 1 November 2011
It is really helpful, it has the pratice question and answers, the rules, the high way code, all the signs and what they mean. I used this a lot to revise and passed my theory test first time round!
I bought this for my daugter to help her prepare for her theory test. There is a lot of information in the book and it helps the reader to revise all the rules and regulations.
The book worked fine as she passed easily first time. We used the book inconjunction with the hazard perception DVD and the two work well together - I learnt a thing or two as well !!!!!
Great for anyone taking their test.
22 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 September 2013
This was the correct version for this year, came as brand new and I saved about £8! Also was able to buy the highway code from the same seller. Fast delivery! Thanks very much!
on 7 December 2012
I am a driving instructor so needed to buy this updated version for the new theory test, I liked the way it's broken down into sections with questions at the end. Also there's room to make your own notes which is great to revision. It has a good layout which makes it easy it read.
I would recommend that everyone learning to drive should buy this and LEARN it!
on 26 September 2012
Just what is required to get through the test excellent value for money also let's hope the test gets passed!
on 18 December 2011
47 / 50 !!!!!

Yes, that was my test score on the test after using this book. This tells the whole story.

The exact same questions on the test.

On a personal note, when you first sit for the test, there naturally is a high level of stress...at least for me as I abhor standardized testing and do terrible on them. Then, when you immediately realize, the book in format and questions has matched the real test, there is a sense of relief.

But, a word of caution...You must put the hours into studying the book, its contents and read the explanations. And, do get and use the free download extras they provide.

Also, get the traffic signs book as it is just as good. For an experienced driver from another country, it really does makes sense of all the UK traffic signs and road markings.
on 6 November 2011
I would agree with the majority of comments, stating that this book is good for preparing you what to expect, but does very little in the way of examples, which is what we want. I would recommend it for anybody who is serious about their training, because there is some useful advice in there regarding the various laws etc. Anyway, I found a great alternative - type 'drivingtheory4all' into Google, it should be the first result. For about £15, you get a month's access into the LGV CPC section. There are 30 practice case study tests included in this, which I find well worth it. Although they are obviously not the same ones as in the exam, it boosts your confidence knowing you will go into the exam having practised actual examples that are in exactly the same format as in the real test, covering all the same subjects. Not trying to advertise or promote the company, and I have no connection with them, but found it a very useful service ALONGSIDE the official DSA guides on here (Driving Goods Vehicles and Driver CPC). Good luck to all!
on 21 November 2011
This book is essential for any driver wanting to pass their theory, always best to buy the official DSA books you can't go wrong
on 20 April 2015
Remember, if you want to pass your theory test at least revise this for two weeks to avoid stressing last minute!
My driving instructor recommend this book to me and i revised for two weeks and passed! You will defiantly pass if you read this book because it is split in to sections and also gives you tips and questions at the end of each section!
I was surprised that i passed second time, i used the DVLA 13' CD before but it wasn't for me! Definitely If the CD don't work, i recommend with book! Also try getting a App on your phone!
To pass your theory, you need to have knowledge of how the car works and Definitely Have read and absorb information from the high way code!
Also remember to practice the hazard perception.
This book it worth it because it sections out different topics, you will not get confused and stressed, takes a little time. Day by day read and test yourself and you will pass!