5.0 out of 5 stars dsa biker pack
Published on 21 Nov 2010 by ray cox

3.0 out of 5 stars Biker Pack
CD 1 is the Motorcycle Theory Test 5/5

CD 2 is information on riding safely and what bikes to buy, security, I fell asleep to the monotone men talking and talking and talking ...

Other wise an ideal buy if you are considering taking up riding Motorcycles.

there is no hazard perception in this bundle
Published on 9 Aug 2011 by Pete

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars dsa biker pack, 21 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Official DSA Biker Pack - Theory Test CD-ROM and Better Biking DVD (2011 edition) (Hardcover)
Hi, i bought this item prior to taking my theory test to help me progress through my training and on to my bike test, i have since passed my theory test and mod one test, mod 2 to be taken on wednesday 24th november. I have found the pack to be very informative. my plan was to use it to pass test then pass it on to help others do the same, but because it holds so much infomation and bike riding technique i have decided to keep it as a reference guide for the future. Brilliant product and worth every penny of the purchase price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 26 April 2011
This is a cracking product. The questions and explanations make it easy to learn, and in as little as a week, I was passing every time. This product's only downfall is that after purchasing, I found out that there is nothing on the discs about the Hazard Perception section of the Theory test and I had to buy a separate product. You would think with this being the "Theory Test CD-ROM and Better Biking DVD", that the H. Perception would be in there!
But for what it is, this is still a great product and I would recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, the DVD was a useful bonus, 7 Feb 2011
A. Hunter (UK) - See all my reviews
Good product, the biker DVD was a bonus for a novice like me. The theory bank was great and helped me pass the theory test first time. 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy for first time riders!, 10 Feb 2011
This is an excellent DVD combo pack.
Lots of hints and tips included - however it won't stop you having an accident as I did the day after watching it!
Luckily it was low speed and due to one of the items in the video (metal drain cover). I love the way it navigated through the DVD so you can watch what bits you need to know. The presenter is very good too in the introduction section.

3.0 out of 5 stars Biker Pack, 9 Aug 2011
CD 1 is the Motorcycle Theory Test 5/5

Other wise an ideal buy if you are considering taking up riding Motorcycles.

there is no hazard perception in this bundle

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh..., 7 Jan 2012
A. Wenham "DeathJam64" (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
The CD-ROM contains a piece of software including practice theory tests and a couple of other useless options in a pretty poor navigation. The theory tests themselves DO contain every multiple choice question that you will be asked, but the software continually mis-reads your answers.

On every occasion that I took a mock-test, at the end it would tell me at least 3 of my answers were wrong, even though I had clicked the correct answer. Basically it had recorded a different answer click than the one I gave. Most questions were fine and at first I though I'd just been silly and clicked the wrong answer (some of them VERY easy questions) but after that I was looking out for it and the software gave consistent errors.

This isn't so bad because it's not a real test. It does tell you the correct answers at the end of the test, so even if the software screwed up, you can look at the answers and see that you got them right, so it's no big deal really, just sloppy of the programmers.

The Better riding DVD should be watched more than once for it's lessons to sink in, and it does have some good insight, advice and food for thought which WILL help you be a better rider and increase the chances that you will pass your test, but there is nothing directly relating to any test in the DVD.

Summary:
-CD-ROM > poor user interface, answer recording is faulty, but the program works and I passed my theory through common sense and some of the bike-specific information that I learned during these mock-exams.

-DVD > Worth a watch, will definitely make you a better rider if you take the lessons on board and practice them whenever you ride.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 17 Feb 2014
It helped me get through my test and is a great refresher for those that have passed there test .

4.0 out of 5 stars The Theory Principle Practices, 11 Jan 2014
Good basic guide to motorcycling, from both the beginner, to the experienced, and for the young to the returning mature biker. Personally I prefer to supplement the two compact disks with a printed version; such as Pass The Bike Test (and be a great rider too) by Sean Hayes & Rupert Paul. Compatible with reading in bed. All to be supplemented by a weekly and/or monthly publication, such as Motor Cycle News and/or Motor Cycle Monthly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Dec 2013
It covered what I needed to know and got me through the test. Great. Videos were useful to watch and learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Study Material, 12 Nov 2013
This is an excellent publication for anyone starting out on a motorcycling path. It is a very useful guide to passing the riding test.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›