5.0 out of 5 stars good but is needed with the others
this product was good and easy to use but it does require all the other books, this wont cover all you need to know when learning to drive.
Published on 6 Dec 2012 by Orlanda James

3.0 out of 5 stars The title is misleading.
I bought this book under the impression that it would assist me by explaining what and why I needed to know the things that I'm being taught in my Practical Driving lessons.

Published on 28 Oct 2010 by L. Muller

3.0 out of 5 stars The title is misleading., 28 Oct 2010
L. Muller "BookGirl" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Official DSA Guide to Learning to Drive (Driving Skills) (Paperback)

I wish it was more clear that this is in fact aimed more at those instructing the driver. Whilst is does give some helpful information, and therefore warrants 3 stars, it hasn't really helped me learn to drive!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very happy, 9 Feb 2011
S. Lacey - See all my reviews
This really isn't a good book if you're looking for something to help you pass or aid you with driving techniques. I've learnt a lot more from the BSM version.

5.0 out of 5 stars good but is needed with the others, 6 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars I PASSED, 24 July 2010
This book was very good and informative, dont think i would have passed my ADI theory test without it!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Official DSA Guide to Learning to Drive | Review, 20 May 2014
I have an admission to make – I still can’t actually drive, but that’s not the fault of the DSA. For wannabe drivers, this is actually a fantastic resource that promises to explain the skills you need to pass your practical test. It certainly gave me a great overview of what to expect once I finally do book my first driving lesson.

Like the rest of the books in the DSA’s range, this is written with the goal of not only helping you to pass your test but also of making you a safer driver in the process. You can’t put a price on peace of mind, and this book comes cheaply enough that there’s no excuse not to read it if you’re learning to drive.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good additional to the highway code book, 24 April 2014
I bought this as a companion book to the Official highway code. Both books are great quality and are very clear and concise in their layout and design. A very worthwhile gift for anyone looking to learn to drive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 28 Aug 2013
Read once, never returned to it. Maybe a good starting point but I am not sure if it really is essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars essential reading for those teaching kids to drive, 27 Aug 2013
I bought this as an Approved Driving Instructor and it is useful to see what Driving Examiners are looking for. I reckon it is essential for Mums and/or Dads who are trying to keep costs down and teaching kids to drive themselves, although I'm bound to say there is no substitute for at least some professional lessons.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with this!, 15 April 2013
Unhelpful and gives 're=cap questiosn' without telling you what the answer is!

Just use the Highway Code! Will tell you all you need to know.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much practical help, 12 Nov 2011
I bought this book as part of a 3 book bundle (with Official DSA Theory Test and Official DSA Guide to Driving, the Essential Skills). This book contains quite a lot of information for people accompanying learner drivers, but doesn't really offer much practical help for the learners themselves. It is quite basic. The Theory Test book containing High Way Code and practice theory questions is much more useful.

Official DSA Guide to Learning to Drive (Driving Skills)