5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant all round help in maximising your chance of success ...
The Complete Learner Revision Pack provided by DSA is not so different from other similar electronic revision aids for learner and post test drivers alike; it features three disks covering each hurdle you will have to overcome in order to secure that lifetime pass of pure freedom. These consist of: A hazard perception kit, theory test practice and advice and guidance for...
Published on 26 July 2010 by Alex

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch out Mac Users!!!!!!!!!!
It doesn't work on mac OS X as it claims. I am so frustrated having to go through the whole process of searching, buying and waiting to recieve-only to find out it's not for mac. You will only know this after reciving it because if you look at the top of this page, it clearly says, it's mac compatible but in real it's not. my first hick up in amazon sadly. i hope, i can...
Published on 4 May 2007 by R. Rubel

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for the Version!, 14 Mar 2014
I was purchasing quickly without reading carefully. The reviews on the page spoke so highly of the discs that I completely failed to notice I'd actually *purchased* the paperback version instead of the electronic version until an extremely heavy and dense package arrived.

The books look very good, and I highly recommend them, but make sure if you want an electronic version you don't purchase the paperback version like I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars Official DSA Driver pack, 28 Jan 2014
The books are very clear and easy to understand. However, the Highway Code and the Traffic signs are not included in the package so will need to be bought separately. Other than that it’s a great product for a very good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 Dec 2013
Very good set of books very helpful. My only query would be I thought the large book had traffic signs incorporated, it didn't, so that is slightly surprising.

5.0 out of 5 stars Success, 20 Dec 2013
I bought this for my son who was not interested in motoring and was reluctant to take driving lessons. The clear and concise way that this pack is put together helped me persuade him to take the plunge and after a course of professional tuition is now a qualified driver,

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful and Insightful!, 29 Jun 2011
I'm so glad I bought this triple CD/DVD pack. It really helped me with my theory test. The test scores really helped determine what you need to practice more of and what you are doing well at. I got 50/50 in my theory test and I put it down to the theory CD! I knew nothing about it before and in the 5 months I was learning it, I became an expert. Everything you need to know is included in the theory pack and it will garaunteed give you a pass in your theory if you revise often enough because it is so easy to know where you are going wrong! The only bad point I will say is the Hazard Perception DVD only has 20 clips on it, and after you've practiced them all once, you can't really do it again because you will have seen the clips twice, your result won't be a true perspective of how well you've acheived. My instructor leant me a very good hazard perception dvd with over 300 clips on it which helped me a lot. I havent yet had my practical test so havent really been through the whole practical test DVD, but I've watched the beginning and it seems to give some goods tips.
Overall, very impressed. Especially with the theory CD!

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing, 15 Jun 2011
i was very disappointed with this product and had to send it back because although it states in the discription that it is compatable with windows 7 it is NOT!! so after about a week of waiting for it to be deleiverd there was no point me even unwrapping it

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% pass - it must be good!, 21 May 2011
A. Reid - See all my reviews
I bought this primarily for the Hazard perception DVD - thinking that I could pick up everything else I needed from the DSA book I had bought.

But, If you buy this set - you do not need anything else! I only referred to the book whilst being driven to the test centre on test day.

The theory DVD is a fantastic way to learn - and it helped me learn over a week of evenings, going from someone without a clue to a full pass - it enabled me to achieve a 100% pass on the test! I would not of been able to do this had it not been for this DVD.

The Hazard DVD part of the set could be better - but the quality of the videos are not much different to that of the test centre. Be warned - the DVD only has 10 video clips - whereas the test center tests you on 14. So your scores on the DVD will not be representative of your final scores at the test center! In my opinion it seemed easier at the test center too.

I would also suggest using the HAZARD DVD on a proper DVD player, when I used it on a computer - the quality was not so good.

At the end of the test, the test centre computer asks you if you would like to try out some questions that they intend to use the following year - these are not marked as part of your test result, but just help the DSA plan ahead for next year. I did this - and noticed that the questions they asked where also part of the theory DVD I had been revising on!

I have not yet used the practical DVD that comes in this set - so I cannot comment, but if the rest is something to go by, then I know it will be invaluable.

Good luck everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and worth the (small) investment..., 5 Mar 2011
Got my daughter these and with a bit of bitching from me to revise, she sailed through the theory with 100%. That's brilliant considering she was starting from scratch and only had a couple of weeks to study and learn it and take the sample tests.

At 50% off RRP you can't go wrong either - compare it to WHSmith's prices for example.

4.0 out of 5 stars A valuable resource to prepare for your driving theory test, 25 Feb 2011
Andrew Roberts (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
The driving theory test currently comprises of two parts: a multiple choice test on knowledge of the Highway Code, and a hazard perception test. This pack dedicates a disc for each of these aspects, plus an extra which relates to the practical test.

Disc 1 - the Theory Test CDROM
The best thing about this is that you get to revise all possible questions you could be asked. Sure there are hundreds, but there's no doubt having exposure to the real questions is a significant advantage. Put it this way, after owning this pack for a month I recently passed my theory test with 100% in the multiple choice section. I'm not sure I'd had achieved such a good result without the materials included. And the way the questions appear is more or less identical to the real test when at the test centre, apart from the fact that you'll use a touch screen rather than mouse.

It's worth noting that Theory Test CDROM does in fact contain a digital version of the Highway Code, but I preferred using a physical copy of the book, considering it's not an expensive purchase (The Official Highway Code)

A note about operating system support - the information is on the box but doesn't seem to be on the Amazon product description. It's Windows only. Officially it supports Windows 2000, XP and Vista, but I installed it on Windows 7 and it ran without a glitch. It has special copy protection so you can only use the product when the disc is loaded into the machine, which can sometimes be frustrating.

Disc 2 - Hazard perception DVD
This is a DVD and so can be viewed on your PC or in your living room if you wished. Everyone I spoke to recommended getting practice on this area, and I now I see why. I think people would definitely find the Hazard Perception test difficult without some practice. Again, it's reassuring to view clips and receive guidance from the official source, so you quickly pick up what you need to look out for. The DVD actually comes with about 60mins of tuition about hazards before you can actually proceed and practice the interactive tests.

My main gripe with this is that the video quality was pretty low in my opinion. Given that you have to be looking out for signs and indicators in the distance, the picture quality didn't lend itself to picking out these details terribly well. And I wasn't that impressed with the navigation of the interactive tests. The responsiveness of this section is not as good as it is when at the test centre which uses a proper piece of software rather than trying to emulate via DVD buttons. Still, it was invaluable nonetheless and I passed with a respectable 85%.

Disc 3 - Practical test DVD
To be honest I can't assess this as I have not yet loaded it. Be sure I'll give it my full attention once I start my driving lessons. It seemed better value to buy this pack, rather than just the Theory Pack and then buy this disc at a later date.

Overall a very useful product and I would recommend it to anyone revising for their driving theory test.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable, 23 Mar 2013
R. J. de Bulat (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I bought this for my son who had booked his driver's theory test: he skimmed through it and failed. For his second test, he sat down and went through the book methodically, using the information and practice tests provided. I can't say that he was inspired, but he passed, the second time, with ease. This is, evidently, a useful aid to learning and gaining knowledge in order to pass a test: it served that purpose well and was worth every penny of the purchase price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

The Official DSA Complete Learner Driver Pack (PC DVD)
Used & New from: 19.00