5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful storybook
I bought this book many years ago for my daughters. We all fell in love with Alfie and Annie Rose and I am now buying a copy for my grandaughter. She may only be 5 months old but I want to make sure she shares the same pleasures that her mum did!!
Published on 29 Mar. 2010 by G. A. Tough

2.0 out of 5 stars Alfie and Annie Rose storybook
Having really enjoyed some of the other books by Shirley Hughes, I found this to be very disappointing. Its more like a series of vignettes rather than stories. For my child, and me, this format just did not work and we both found them rather boring and odd. It's gone to the bottom of our book pile.
Published on 21 Sept. 2010 by J. Benson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful storybook, 29 Mar. 2010
G. A. Tough (Greater London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Alfie And Annie Rose Storybook (Red Fox Picture Books) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 1 Jan. 2010
Mrs. E. C. Newcomb "Elaine" (Derbyshire England) - See all my reviews
ahh yes back to good old books for us. This is a treasure of a book. so much so we now have nearly all of them.
You ought to buy it too. well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for bedtime, 5 Aug. 2010
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Children's books get no better than Shirley Hughes. This is a wonderful companion and an excellent choice for bedtime. My children think they are, indeed, Alfie and Annie Rose!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 10 Jan. 2012
We were given Rhymes for Annie Rose which we love. Then I bought the Alife and Annie Rose storybook. This is a lovely book that my 2 year old daughter can relate to. My 5 year old boy also likes to come and listen to the stories being read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Shirley Hughes, 24 Mar. 2010
Mrs. J. M. Bunn (uk) - See all my reviews
Great buy, grandaughters love Alfie and Annie Rose. Good quality pics, great everyday stories for 2 to 90 year olds. A brilliant classic story book for all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars A charming yet honest look at life through a childs eye, 8 Feb. 2013
This is a favourite book for all generations in our household. Warming and covers most of life's adventures a small child would encounter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 27 Nov. 2013
I actually had this book read to me as a child. And now read it to my daughter. I think I like them more than she does at the moment , lol. (she's only 9 months old! ) brought these as a gift. Good story's that do not date.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely Shirley Hughes Collection, 3 Sept. 2013
Alfie is a favourite in our house. A lot of these stories aren't packed full of action but my daughter seems to like the little daily incidents that happen to Alfie & Annie-Rose. Great illustrations too.

4.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful, innocence of childhood, storybook, 22 July 2001
By A Customer
Shirley Hughes writes about things that really happen in children's lives. Simple everyday matters are a story for children and all little ones can relate to them. My children thoroughly enjoy them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 19 Aug. 2013
This is a book that brings back memories - purchased for my Grandchildren and first read 30 years ago by my own children! Excelllent service!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Big Alfie And Annie Rose Storybook (Red Fox Picture Books)
The Big Alfie And Annie Rose Storybook (Red Fox Picture Books) by Shirley Hughes (Paperback - 5 July 1990)