on 16 March 2009
As expected, this book was a wonderful read, full of insights into Stephen Fry's early life and endearing snapshots. Highly recommended.
on 11 July 2008
like all stephen fry's book this one was brilliant. a fantastic author. once i started reading i could hardly put it down. it's got me started on reading all of his others.
on 13 February 2015
Love him or hate him, he's an interesting guy!
on 27 December 2014
Expected more from Mr Fry,the nauseating chase of "Him" put me right off.
on 23 February 2015
gift
on 21 January 2015
Good
on 20 November 2014
Cool
on 5 January 2011
Ignoring Fry's actual text for a minute, this is a very disappointing conversion. It was the first book I bought for my new Kindle and keen to get used to its features, I started adding notes every time I came across something in the text that looked incorrect (starting with the not-at-all-calligraphic 'I' and 'J'); by the time I'd got to my third page (of notes, not text) I'd given up. The number of typos ('Tesco' as a music genre, '100' instead of loo, seemingly random Greek characters) and formatting errors (quotations sometimes indented, sometimes not) this eBook contains is hugely disappointing and left me wondering whether I can give up reading printed books after all.

If Amazon are to charge us (often silly prices) for eBooks then they should at least bother to spend a little time ensuring they're as well proof read as the original 'dead tree' editions.
on 15 February 2011
I read the hype, and bought this book. I genuinely like Fry, but this book did not endear him to me at all. I struggled through a few chapters and was aware that I was not enjoying the read, and it did not evoke any interest. Struggling on, I pushed myself to finish this, but conceded defeat. Very self indulgent, it rambled on and Fry seemed to lose his way again and again. The book is well written in some places, and very poor in others. Fry is extremely intelligent, but this book is not. I toyed with giving this 2 stars, as I think Fry is a brilliant talent, but I couldn't, the book just didn't work for me, and sadly has changed my previously held respect for a great personality.
on 26 February 2011
I loved the book itself but the childhood pictures, which are referred to often in the book, don't seem to be included in the kindle version - disappointing since this is not mentioned at all before purchase. Had I known, I probably would have bought the paperback, complete with pictures!