5.0 out of 5 stars Great read
love Marks books so I was delighted to add this one to my collection. A very witty and amusing read.
Published 9 months ago by sami

3.0 out of 5 stars Light reading
I bought this because I heard part of a semi-dramatised version on the radio and found it entertaining. I enjoyed reading the book at the time but now, a few weeks later, I can't remember much about it, so, not a very memorable book. Ideal non-taxing reading for a long boring train journey I'd say.
Published 7 months ago by Mrs. S. I. M. Hodge

3.0 out of 5 stars Light reading, 16 Dec 2013
Mrs. S. I. M. Hodge (Watford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boogie Up the River: One Man and His Dog to the Source of the Thames (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 9 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT AND FUNNY TO READ, 5 Mar 2006
L. Turner "Skyetbc1997" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
Mark Wallington has a wonderful writing technique. He is very funny and captures Boogie's character so you really feel the dog is human. This makes you empathise with him. I love the repetitive humour that follows through the book when people make comments about the dog. I couldn't put the book down and read through it in a day or two. Having read 500-mile Walkies and Walkies, Up The Penine Way also by Mark, I can't wait to read The Day Job and Destination Lapland which are the other two I need to get stuck into.

4.0 out of 5 stars A travel read with a differance!, 1 Feb 2003
I first stumbled across this very funny book when it was serialized in the Telegraph.I folded the paper away &
hot footed it down to my local book shop to hunt it out,(this was in the days before Amazon!)
Having recently read Red Dog by Loius de Bernieres it struck me that Boogie would have had a soul mate!
A travel story with a difference, as Mark sets off in a old boat to find the source of the river Thames. The idea sounds wonderful except that Boogie the dog must come and a girlfriend who has other 'excuses' to be on dry land!.
A very funny easy read, to accompany you while sunbathing in your English back garden.
For dog lovers everywhere.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 22 Feb 2011
After reading 500mile walkies i had high hopes for this book but unfortunately although it is along a similar format, it is not nearly as good.

Boogie Up the River: One Man and His Dog to the Source of the Thames