4.0 out of 5 stars Good... but feel a little let down...
Read them all. Loved them all. Wool episode 1 blew me away...

The reason for not awarding 5 stars: It felt short and rushed.

There I've said it. Feels good to get it off my chest.

Published 9 months ago by stuart atkinson

3.0 out of 5 stars fairly mundane conclusion
Reasonable conclusion to an at times excellent trilogy. It feels a little like Howey is just running out of steam by the end. A couple of neat little twists, but generally it's fairly predictable as the series ambles to a conclusion. Entertaining enough, but still I can't help feeling that some of the earlier promise has gone unfulfilled.
Published 3 months ago by A. Gibb

3.0 out of 5 stars fairly mundane conclusion, 18 Mar 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars This is the third and Im disapointed, 2 Nov 2013
I was a little disappointed in this book the third in the series, the others kept me gripped right the way through. This one felt like the author took the money and ran, in comparison to the others I felt the plot line was weak and went nowhere. This is not a stand alone book, you need to read the others first. I was so looking forward to it that I paid a lot for it, my advise wait for it to be in the sale

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing conclusion to an otherwise excellent story, 31 Aug 2013
If you've read Wool and Shift and are considering finishing up the story by reading this, then I'd say it's still worthwhile. But imagine the most obvious and predictable conclusion to the story based on what you've read so far. Odds are, you'll be pretty close to the mark. It feels like a rushed ending resolved largely through deus ex machina.

That been said, it's much better than most stuff out there!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good... but feel a little let down..., 3 Oct 2013
Read them all. Loved them all. Wool episode 1 blew me away...

The reason for not awarding 5 stars: It felt short and rushed.

There I've said it. Feels good to get it off my chest.

If you look back over all the books there are much less important elements of the story given many many more pages... in this book huge events are covered in little more than a paragraph... like I said, in my opinion and comparing it to the other episodes it seems short and rushed.

But of course you must buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Conclusion, 5 Sep 2013
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
Once again this book in the series was a joy to read, as with the other two. We pick up to see what the final outcome is going to be, the point the other two books have been inexorably leading us to. I think that anyone coming to this book will know the story so far and thus can guess there can only ultimately be two outcomes possible to this. I won't say what outcome this book has, but once again we follow more than one character from more than one silo in this tale. We know mostly why people are living underground by this stage, but there were a couple of questions that were still left unanswered, and this book fills us in on these, and we can see in full the madness, but genius behind the whole issue of the silos, and their ultimate purpose.

Once again, as we follow people living in the silos we can see some great interaction between separate characters, as well as the emotions and different psychological moods brought about by what is a dull and boring existence underground, and in what is ultimately a claustrophobic atmosphere. As in real life this shows how different people can react to the same circumstances with opposite results, as there is plotting, secrets and manipulations going on. In this book we can also see the power that religion holds over some, and how schisms can be formed. People have to learn to use faith, hope and the trust of others in this story, where things can either fully collapse, or a new beginning started.

If you have never read any of this series then you are missing a treat. If you just looked at the first book and thought this is sci-fi, I don't read that genre then please be assured that this is more than that. This is really a grand saga that has so much more to it. There is also a section in the back of this for questions for book groups to ask. I don't know if groups actually use these, as I know that the group I belong to never do. As with 'Wool' and 'Shift', this is another great book to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 9 Sep 2013
Parm (A bookshop near you) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Review

This series has been a revelation, I don't think i have read a dystopian series that's made me stop and think as much as this one, that so subtly examines the human condition, the things that drive us as people, as families, as communities. A series that looks at the what ifs of our own destruction, our own arrogance. Normally this is the sort of deeper plot scope reserved for "literary fiction" and i would avoid it like the plague. This series

Dust concludes this trilogy, taking us back to Silo's 17 and 18 and with the aid of Donald in Silo 1 provides enlightenment surrounding the plan hundreds of years in the making, set in motion by the man now called Shepard.

I was left feeling on the edge of my seat through out this book, a true emotional roller coaster, and an exhaustingly disturbing view of humanities folly, and ability to survive almost any adversity.

I'm not sure i will ever read a better written/ conceived dystopian tale.

very highly recommended

(Parm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sci Fi, 12 July 2014
Absolutely the best Sci Fi I've read in years. I hope they make this into a film, there's going to be some edge of the seat stuff in it. Just don't get invested in the characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
Great

2.0 out of 5 stars Barely could be bothered finishing it, 9 July 2014
the whole trilogy is a progressive downwards spiral. wool starts off with some brilliant rapid twists which then slow down somewhat, shift gets by with a midling "how it came to pass" story and dirt is just so dire I couldnt wait for it to be over. Reviews implying that the whole series was one twist after another are woefully inaccurate .

2.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series, massively let-down by an average conclusion., 2 July 2014
This review is from: Dust: (Wool Trilogy 3) (Paperback)
This final book of the trilogy felt a bit rushed to be honest. I would have preferred another book, as the conclusion was a bit mundane, and fails to address some interesting questions.

I've always felt the series prided itself on the sense of sci-fi realism, all aspects of the story are investigated. The consclusion fails to do this, and it honestly drastically lets the series down.

Dust: (Wool Trilogy 3)
Dust: (Wool Trilogy 3) by Hugh Howey (Paperback - 13 Feb 2014)
5.24