5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, entertaining read

3.0 out of 5 stars feel slightly let down
Published 18 months ago by Mr. E. W. Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, entertaining read, 12 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Rod: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
Top notch witty writing makes this autobiography a pleasure to read. Rod Stewart has had such a brilliant life and his book covers everything from his early days with the Jeff Beck Group and The Faces, all of the ladies in his life, childhood exploits, hobbies and family to his music career up until now. Packed with loads of stories, many which are simply hilarious, I would have thought any Rod fan or anyone just wanting to read a decent celeb memoir for that matter, will be delighted with this book - I certainly am, and I am sure it will be popped into many a stocking this Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 9 Nov. 2012
A must read for all Rod fans! A nice surprise to get the pictures at the end on my kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rod chatting as I imagine he might, if we were old friends, reminiscing after a couple of beers ... or three!, 23 Jun. 2013
I've enjoyed his voice very much over the years, and wondered who he really was, a talented song stylist, a rock & roll hippie, Rod the Mod! Rod the Bod, Rod the tabloid twit, Rod the love Rat, the sensitive troubadour? Turns out he's all of these and many more, like most of us, he isn't all good or all bad,, but on the whole he seems to me to be a rounded man with a love of life and for his complicated family that suggests he's got his priorities right in the end. I'd like to know him, and I think he'd be a good mate, and I'm pretty picky on that score!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rod The Autobiography, 25 Jun. 2013
Read this on holiday with my iPod playing all the songs mentioned in the book. An excellent read. Well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 8 Nov. 2012
Having been a fan of Rod Stewart for many years I couldn't wait to read his Autobiography and I wasn't disappointed. I believe that Rod has given an honest 'warts and all' account of his life and his anecdotes about his time on the road as a rock star were extremely funny. For Rod Stewart fans this is a must to read but even if you're not this book is an interesting account of a man who has been in the music business for over forty years and is still performing and making albums.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gutted I have to knock a star off., 1 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Rod: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
Reading the first 260 pages of this book was such a pleasure - it's telling, candid and above all, amusing. Lots of self-deprecation and wit. But then, oh Rod!! Page 261. And I quote,......

"In all, "Out of Order" gave me four big single hits in America and marked, you could say, the completion of something of a turnaround for me in the US. In addition, the single "My Heart Can't Tell You No" off that album was a Top 10 hit in the UK, which was comforting, because I seemed to have been getting into a bit of a bat-and-ball situation vis-à-vis the country that raised me.".....

I'm sure most Rod fans will know full well how well Rod has performed in the charts over the years. "My Heart Can't Tell You No" only made it to number 49 and spent just 4 weeks on the chart. This error made me question many of the other anecdotes and facts. I do hope this was a genuine mistake and that the book is otherwise a true representation of Rod, of whom I'm a big fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well I am a fan and not quite a five but definately a four star, 12 Oct. 2012
H. Bruce "music lover" (edin scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rod: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
Gotta give Rod creditafter Keith Richards book this an entertaining and well written book, it's certainly more honest about his musical shortcomings than many other such books and when he writes about the (many) loves of his life he shows he has real respect and feelings for the more permanent fixtures in his life. All in all a book to enjoy if you are a fan or not

3.0 out of 5 stars feel slightly let down, 6 Nov. 2013
Mr. E. W. Gregory "emo guy" (england) - See all my reviews
I got this book because I had read some really good reviews. I am slightly disappointed because of them! Do not get me wrong this is an entertaining book written in an engaging cheeky chappie style and has its moments of amusement, I just found that for me there was a little too much leggy blond stories and to few music ones. I must admit I grew tired of often samey stories of meeting stunning blond, bedding stunning blond and dumping stunning blond for another stunning blond! I enjoyed the early days part of the book far more than the superstar status part of the book which is strangely how I am with his music as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book worth buying, 2 July 2013
Its a great book love it find it very intresting but i am a rod stewart fan yes buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 26 Oct. 2012
This is a really great read. I couldnt put it down and finished it in one day. Riviting,moving, sometimes funny and a great insite into Rods amazing life

Rod: The Autobiography
Rod: The Autobiography by Rod Stewart (Paperback - 23 May 2013)