5.0 out of 5 stars I Still Love This Series
Loved this one in the series and went into it with a great deal of apprehension because of the reviews I'd seen totally slating it !! Wow......I was clearly reading something else as I still enjoyed the series the same as usual. I liked the cliffhanger ending too, although if you've read up to number 12 you're surely going to buy 13 !!
I wasn't happy with Rich and...
Published 6 months ago by Lynda Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too short
Published on 17 Feb. 2013 by Adorabelle

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too short, 17 Feb. 2013
I've been looking forward to reading this book so much but having read it I feel let down. Having read all of the other books in this series several times and thoroughly enjoyed them, it almost felt like this book had been written solely by a different author. When Julie was ill, there was no mention of the other 3 girls visiting the hospital which seemed odd to me as in previous books they would have been there to show support. The book could have been twice as long if more detail had been put in. It' like the author is just rushing books these day's and quantity has replaced quality. I won't be rushing to by number 13 that's for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Still Love This Series, 9 Aug. 2014
Lynda Kelly "Lynda" (Shipton Bellinger, UK) - See all my reviews
I wasn't happy with Rich and Cindy in this one-I wanted to bash their heads together, I must say. I did find a courtroom scene featuring Yuki a tad farfetched and that's really all the complaints I had. Another little irritation was each time he mentioned Agent Parker it came with a superlative like "uberagent"....I wondered at that.
The only mistakes I spotted were spaces added into sheriff 's. That happened a couple of times right near the end so it was definitely better edited, too.
Plus if you've read this far you've known all these characters many years and I think you have to stick with them. It's a clever idea to make you care about them the way he's done and for me, continues to do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Review of the 12th of never, 20 Oct. 2013
Is it me or is the calibre of writing on a decline? My third James Patterson book this holiday that has left me feeling cheated. Where is the old James Patterson? And can we please have him back. After loyally following this author for many years I'm starting to think maybe I need to look for a new author!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars A Poor Effort, 5 April 2013
This was a big disappointment! I have read all the other Murder Club books and enjoyed them but this is by far the worst! A very poor effort from James Patterson!

1.0 out of 5 stars Excuse me but where is the rest of the story I bought????, 3 Mar. 2013
Never been disappointed in James Patterson book before
???
What is this all about do we have to pay mire for follow up

1.0 out of 5 stars NO more, please., 13 May 2013
Click on the look inside link. Try and read as much as you can without wincing. It is dreadful stuff.

Save your money and buy a book that makes you think! If you are not up to a bit of a cerebral challenge, then get a chair, put it by the window, gaze out at the trees, blue skies and infinite horizon. Its cheaper than buying this nonsense and you'll feel a whole lot better.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Patterson Novel That Delivers, 18 Feb. 2013
ACB(swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This collaboration between James Patterson (JP) and Maxine Paetro involves the Womens' Club Members in their twelfth escapade. Yuki is prosecuting Keith Herman, a disgraced attorney, for the brutal murder of his wife, Jennifer. His daughter Lily is also missing, presumed dead. Wily defense counsellor Kinsella has an arrogant almost flippant approach to Yuki's case. Numerous characters are involved involving detectives Conklin and Meserve. Sergeant Lindsay Boxer's pregnancy has presented her and Joe with a joyous daughter, Julie.

Meanwhile, the court proceedings are interrupted in dramatic style accompanied by a smiling defense and defendant. Police colleagues and witnesses are paraded in the trial and have their own protective agendas. JP adds in sub-plots including the missing Faye Farmer, partner of American superstar Jeff Kennedy and a question mark over Tracey Pendleton a security guard. Familiar names come through. Forensic pathologist Claire becomes involved. Psychic Professor Judd seems to have an above accurate prediction value in body counts. Lindsay Boxer returns to action before she should and along with Rick Conklin sets off on the trail of interrogation. The Club members stick together.

The events that follow are lines of deceit and intrigue. The aside stories are not for distraction but have a purpose in arriving at the solution to the proceedings. The pace certainly hots up after the half-way mark. The chase to the conclusion maintains the interest. Lindsay and Joe do not have a smooth ride through this and to their credit their personal and professional dilemmas are coped with.

A Patterson novel that entertains but nothing extraordinary. Enjoyable with the correct ingredients for his legion of fans. It is somewhat lacking in length and new ideas but is a winning recipe.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent read though repetitious and somewhat 'glossy'., 18 Feb. 2013
JK "J. K." (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
12th book in the 'Womens Murder Club' series. Trademark Patterson is here if you look closely. Short, sharp chapters and excellent, punchy, wisecracking dialogue which keeps the plot spinning along. However; the plot itself is thin and reads as though Patterson jotted down a couple of ideas and then handed the draft to Maxine Paetro to fill in the blanks. Doesn't read like Patterson for much of the time. A similar thing happened with the superb Alex Cross series. Don't misunderstand me, this is a glossy, well edited novel that's easy to read it's just that, in my personal opinion, it's missing depth and follows a typical crime/thriller formula to the point I worked it all out well before the ending.

What's it about? Mostly Lindsay Boxer who plays a solo role for large chunks of the novel. Lindsay has returned to work within a few days of giving birth. There could be multiple murderers stalking the streets and Lindsay has to investigate. A woman in a dangerous profession leaving a newborn at home gives the novel a decent level of threat. Add to the mix a sporting superstar and an English professor having 'psychic' nightmares (why are all English academics portrayed as eccentric - it's so cliched!). I'm not telling you how the pieces fit together, or if they do, because I hate spoilers. I will mention Lindsay Boxer is vulnerable because of her new baby and there's a decent subplot aimed right at her which is possibly the best part of the novel.

The 12th of Never is a decent read if somewhat shallow, repetitious and far too short. The Women's Murder Club has been a long series and maybe it's time to shake it up?

4.0 out of 5 stars quite a good read, 21 Dec. 2013
Cloggie Downunder (Australia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 12th of Never: (Women's Murder Club 12) (Paperback)
12th of Never is the twelfth book in the Women's Murder Club series by American author James Patterson and is co-written with Maxine Paetro. Lindsay returns sooner than anticipated from her maternity leave, entrusting the unemployed but highly competent Joe with an unwell baby. As well as investigating a murder and the subsequent disappearance of the body from the morgue, Lindsay is faced with a charismatic serial killer who wakes up from a coma fixating on her as liaison for locating victim's bodies. Pathologist Claire Washburn finds herself demoted when said body disappears from her morgue. There is trouble in paradise when journalist Cindy Thomas is rather too focussed on her job for fiancé Rich's liking, and he begins to look elsewhere: a young police intern catches his eye. Rich Conklin tries to solve the puzzling case of a Professor who seems to have developed precognition of several shooting murders. Assistant DA, Yuki Castellano is determined to win her murder case against a lawyer with a reputation for witness intimidation, but the case takes a few surprise turns. Maxine Paetro appears to be a winning combination as co-writer with James Patterson, certainly when one compares what some co-writers do with the ideas Patterson throws them. She has (co-)written all but three of the Women's Murder Club books, and this instalment is, once again, a page-turner with several twists. In places it is a little too "breathless" and Paetro seems intent on giving the height, weight and hair colour of incidental characters who merit only a paragraph or two, but apart from that, this is quite a good read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these ladies, 1 Jun. 2013
BookAddictShaun (England, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I can never choose between Michael Bennett or the Women's Murder Club as my favourite Patterson creation. Both are fantastic and both feature characters who I love. After finishing this book though I am leaning more towards the WMC are my favourite. It certainly isn't Alex Cross anyway, Supercop who loves his kids and who has met the love of his life in every single book. Booooooooring.

I love the Murder Club because it's like catching up with old friends. However in this one the friends hardly see each other and only meet up as a foursome a few times throughout the whole book. Instead we see each of them facing their own problems. Cindy's is with her relationship, Yuki's is in the courtroom, Lindsay's is her baby's health and Claire's is missing a dead body. However these stories come to be interlinked near the end and the girls come together again.

This was one of the best books in the series and I flew through it as usual with Patterson's short chapters. I enjoyed reading about Lindsay and her struggle to work but look after her sick child as well. I really enjoyed Yuki's scenes in the courtroom as to be honest I haven't really taken to her in previous books. I don't really have an opinion about Claire but I love Cindy and am a bit disappointed that she didn't feature much in this book. However she has featured more in other books to perhaps it was Yuki's time to shine.

The book ended on a massive cliffhanger which should lead nicely into the next book. Hard to believe that this is now the 12th book in the series! Looking forward to the next one.

12th of Never: (Women's Murder Club 12)
12th of Never: (Women's Murder Club 12) by James Patterson (Paperback - 5 Dec. 2013)