5.0 out of 5 stars A great classic
Kaestner certainly knew how to write a good story that appeals not only to children but also to adults like myself. A perennial pleasure for readers of all ages. This edition is a treasure not to be missed.
Published 13 months ago by MIKE

1.0 out of 5 stars Book was never delivered
I and my wife visited Munich over christmas to see our baby Grandaughter. I had hoped to take 'Emil' with me as a very suitable gift.
What a missed opportunity! There is now no hurry, but please try and get the book to me, so I can post it for my son to read to her.
Normally I am happy with Amazon, this time it was a disaster.
Your unhappy customer, Jim...
Published 7 months ago by mr jim edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars A great classic, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Emil and the Detectives (Vintage Children's Classics) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and gripping story, 2 Jan 2013
Gave this to my grandson for Christmas as it was enjoyed by his great grandmother, grandmother and father and hopefully now by him. It's a quirky, funny story and gives a flavour of the 1930s but is accessible for modern children too.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am 8 years old, 18 April 2014
As a child I think this book was fantastically good because it had parts that made me wonder what will happen next. My favourite character was DEFINITLY Emil, you might want watch out for the man in the bowler hat (Grundis) and out of 5 stars I would rate it 5!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood read, 14 April 2014
J. H. Lewis "Snap happy" (Kent) - See all my reviews
Having reached my 80s I was remembering my favourite books and wondered if they were still loved by children today. Found copies sold by Amazon.They arrived quickly, well packed and in good condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 3 April 2014
Great old detective story for kids 8 plus. Remember reading this at school and I still enjoy reading it! Top read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Book was never delivered, 8 Jan 2014
Normally I am happy with Amazon, this time it was a disaster.
Your unhappy customer, Jim Edwards.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good read ., 23 Nov 2013
Excelent for young children .

My wife wanted to buy it for our grandchild for Xmas , It Came higly recommened from a friend

James Devis

Emil and the Detectives (Vintage Children's Classics)
Emil and the Detectives (Vintage Children's Classics) by Erich Kästner (Paperback - 2 Aug 2012)